Chapter 29

I woke up the next morning to the sound of someone going downstairs. My hearing was always intensified in the mornings.

I grabbed my dark blue, New Look hoodie and quickly slipped it on. Ruby was fast asleep as I crept out of the room, making sure not to wake her up.

The house was silent as I made my way down the stairs.

I could hear sound coming from the kitchen. Whoever was in their, had just turned the kettle on.

I walked in to see Bellamy's back facing towards me.

''Morning.'' I said.

He turned around in surprise. ''I didn't realise you were here.''

''I heard you come down, so I decided to come down too since I can never get back to sleep once I have woken up.''

''Oh right.'' He was acting weirdly ever since last night and I really wanted to talk about it with him.

''I think we need to talk about last night Bell.''

He took a moment to reply. ''You're right. I owe you an explanation. Let's talk in the living room."

I nodded in reply.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" He asked.

"No. I'm more of a coffee person. I'll make my self some later." I told him.

I hated drinking tea. I didn't mind dipping biscuits in it, but drinking it always ended with me puking.

Coffee was my life. Back home, mum used to make me a cup every morning before school. I know it's bad for me, but I guess I was addicted to it.

He carried on making his cup of tea, whilst I decided to go wait for him in the living room.

I was very anxious to talk to him about it.

He came in and placed the tea on the black, glass coffee table that was on the side.

He sat down beside me and I waited patiently for him to begin.

He took a deep breath and began.

"As you know, my parents asked me to have dinner with them last night. I told them that I had found my mate and I explained who you were."

I looked at him with surprise. Had he told them I had elemental powers?

He must have seen my expression because he then explained, "I only told them that you moved here recently. I didn't want to mention your powers just in case you didn't want them to know."

He looked at me to see if I was okay with it. I nodded my head and he took that as a signal to carry on.

"They are strict parents. They never really took care of me when I was younger, Tom's parents were always there for me. I basically grew up with Tom and his family. They used to work all the time, wanting to prove themselves. They wanted everyone to know that they were capable of having jobs like humans."

He paused to breathe.

"Every once in a while they want to see me, that's why they invite me to dinner at some posh restaurant. They don't care personally about me, but about who I choose to marry. It's bloody silly if you ask me. I'm only 18!"

"Who do they want you to marry?" I asked, remembering some of the things he had said last night about someone from his childhood.

"She was my childhood friend. Well technically a girl who my parents forced me to play with when I was a kid." He explained quickly. I could tell by the way he said it that he didn't want me to know who it was.