Chapter 25

"Pass the sandwiches, I'm hungry." Ryan moaned.

Lewys looked at him in disbelief. "You have already ate five of them."

"So what? I'm still hungry."

"He has a big appetite." Jay added, whilst taking a sip from an energy can.

"I can tell. Anyway there's only one left and I want it." Lewys reached over for the basket with the picnic in and Ryan quickly reached out for it too.

"I asked for it first." He said.

They were both holding either side of the basket, glaring at each other.

"Joke is on them." Damon reached over and took the last sandwich out of the basket. He took a big bite and smirked at the two guys.

"Really?" Ryan complained.

"You snooze, you lose." Damon finished off the sandwich and purposely said, "delicious," whilst rubbing his stomach.

"Boys." Lilah muttered.

'Ding.' 'Ding.'

I looked around to see who's phone it was and it was Cameron's.

"Blake just texted. He said he'll be at the party with his girlfriend." He said, directed to Lewys.

"Fine with me. Haven't seen him in ages anyway." Lewys replied.

"What party?" Ruby asked, curiously.

"Lewys and I have moved into a flat. It was quite expensive, therefore we both decided to move in together to pay half the rent each. So we are having a party just to celebrate."

"Celebrating moving in, is just an excuse to throw a party." Lewys said with a grin on his face.

"True." Cameron added. "Oh by the way, you are all invited. On Sunday at seven pm. I'll text you all the address."

"Yes! I love parties." Ruby said, excitedly.

"We are supposed to be going to the cinema Sunday." Mason said to Ruby.

"We can always go another time, plus there might be better movies on then. I'm not really fussed on watching Dumb and Dumber Two." She replied.

Mason sighed in defeat. I noticed him give Cameron a glare, before he turned back to Ruby and put his arm around her.

"When are we going to start playing?" I asked no one in particular. It was already quite dark and we still hadn't started the game.

"I would give it half an hour max. The darkness usually sets in properly by then." Lilah answered.

I nodded and leaned back on my hands.

We were all sitting in a circle on a large, patterned blanket. Everyone was silent and I had to admit it was pretty peaceful. However, that didn't last long.

"How come Bellamy isn't playing tonight?" Lewys asked me.

"I think he's meeting his parents for dinner." I said, remembering what Bellamy had said this morning.

"I feel sorry for him."

This caught my attention. Since Lewys was only sitting next to me, I turned to fully face him.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh nothing. Just forget I said anything." I could tell he was hiding something.

"You can't just say 'I feel sorry for him' and then not tell me why."

He ran his hand through his hair, trying to think of what he would tell me.