The Escape

I stood at the foot of the kid, Percy's, bed in the Infirmary. Skye was to watch him, but she was exhausted so I took over. I looked at him, this kid didn't look like much but everyone was making a big deal about it. Skye said he resisted the Icer for a bit before passing out.

"He's probably is an Inhuman like Skye. I wonder what his power is?" I think. Coulson said he's a trouble maker and has a knack for blowing things up. The blue is retreating from his veins, he's going to wake up soon.

"Uh," Percy groaned waking up.

"Sir, he's stirring," I say into the COMs. Soon Skye walks in to reassure him.

"Where am I?" Percy asks groggily.

"S.H.I.E.L.D HQ Infirmary," Skye responds.

"What happen?"

"You got hit will a rouge Icer when we were walking down the hall," Skye says answering each question with confidence and ease.

"What's that?"

"An Icer is a knock out gun," Skye says.

"Oh."

"Well as soon as you're up to it we need to have a fighting skills assessment," Skye explains.

"Against who?"

"Me," I say trying to look confident and tall.

"And you are?" he says gesturing with his hands.

"Agent Bobbi Morse," I reply.

"OK Bobbi, I wish you the best of luck," he says arrogantly smirking.

Seriously, this guy must have a very big ego if he thinks he can win against me.

"When will you be ready?" I ask thinking it will take a while.

"Oh, I'm ready. When will you be ready?" he retorts. What, this kid just got hit with an Icer, he can't be ready already. Most grown men aren't even ok after getting hit with an Icer, much less good enough to fight. He's so going down.

We walk down the hall to the practice room. The practice room is a big open space with mats lining the floor, and assorted weapons on the wall. We stand on the mats in ready position.

"Are we allowed to use weapons?" he asks.

"Sure, but no maiming or killing," Skye clarifies.

I swear I hear Percy mutter, "Just like Capture the Flag." How could fighting be like Capture the Flag? Fighting is dangerous, and Capture the Flag is a fun game.

I take out my batons, two steel batons that I use for fighting. Percy pulls out a deadly, bronze and silver looking dagger.

"Ready...Set...Go!" Skye shouts as we charge.

I have to say one thing, Percy is a great fighter. His moves are flawless, and he can dodge any attack. I charge at him and he side steps out of the way. I go for a hit in the head, and end up hitting air. We pry, slice, and dodge each other. Soon I'm sweating and Percy isn't even breaking a sweat. I feel my blood boiling with anger as I charge.

"You shouldn't be blinded by rage," Percy remarks as I do a lousy lunge and he disarms me. He picks up the baton and twirls it around as he walks towards me. I defend myself with my final baton. He's quick and strong, almost impossible to beat.

Finally, I get lucky, I hit the small of his back and he howls with pain. I found the soft spot, the flaw, that one spot. I stagger up into a ready position. Percy smirks as I do another lousy lunge and he side steps again.

I shake off my grogginess and charge with speed surprising him, but he quickly composed himself and jumps out of my way. We circle each other, each daring the other to move.

Finally, Percy lunges, I try to jump out of the way, but Percy's dagger nicks me in the arm leaving a bleeding scrape from my wrist to a little below my elbow. He puts the knife to my throat, "I believe I win," he says smirking. I get up humiliated, to see everyone watching.

"That was awesome!" Skye exclaims.

"You put up a good fight," Mack says walking over to me. I glare at him.

"I lost," I say sadly. How did that kid beat me?

"Nice fight man," Lance says to Percy out of the corner of his mouth, "She's not an easy one to beat." I'm fuming, the nerves of that guy. I stalk up to him as he turns around, seeing me he puts on a smile.

"Hi Bobbi, we were just talking about you," Lance exclaims.

"I know, I heard you," I say putting on a fake smile as his face pales and Percy sniggers. "I'm not done with you yet either, young man," I say glaring at him, hoping he'll shrink back. To my surprise Percy glares back, "Man that kid can glare worse than ex-director Fury," I think as I walk over the Coulson.

"Percy, I believe you owe us all an explanation. Where'd you learn to fight? What and/or who are you?" Phil demands.

"I..." Percy starts. Then he starts running, he dodged all the bullets we shot and sprints towards the hanger.

He reaches the hanger, sticks his dagger in the lanyard panel, and climbs into one of the quinjets. He get the jet to fly as we burst in the hanger.

"Get him!" Phil shouts as we all run to jet. Percy gets the jet out of the hanger, turns on the cloaking device and disappears.