eighteen;

read author's note at the end!! thanks lol

votes and comments are highly appreciated xx

it wasn't until later that night when alice had already gone home that i was getting spammed with texts from ashton.

ash: hey

ash: is everything alright?

ash: why won't ya answer

ash: come over

ash: pleaseeeeee

this continued for about thirty more minutes as i glared at my vibrating phone laying in front of me. my arms were folded against me and my legs were crossed as i sat on my bed in the dark.

there was no way i was going over there. i was too lazy, for one, and i just didn't feel like talking to him at the moment.

the texts started to slow down, so i plugged in my phone and pulled my covers over me.

i sighed and rolled over on my side, wrapping myself up. i closed my eyes, but my head was racing, so i couldn't fall asleep.

i heard a loud vibration from my phone, causing me to jump slightly. i glared at its  bright screen until it turned back off and the darkness returned to my room.

i groaned and continued to roll over in my bed, but sleep was nowhere to be found.

i ended up laying on my back, staring up at my ceiling. there were a couple of noises from the tree outside my window, but i ignored them, assuming it was just the wind.

apparently, i was wrong.

interrupting the peaceful silence of my room, a soft sliding sound came from my window. heavy breathing followed after it and i strained my eyes to see what it was.

a dark figure was climbing through the window stealthily, but before i knew it, they fell with a small thump onto the floor. my heart was thumping in my chest in anticipation.

"shit," they mumbled quietly, getting to their feet.

now sitting up in my bed, i grabbed my phone and turned on the flashlight, blinding the person.

they covered their eyes with their hands, turning slightly away from the light. light brown hair, partially hidden from underneath a black hoodie, fell over his hands.

"ashton?" i whispered loudly, lowering the light.

he turned back to me and lowered his hands, squinting at me. he gave a slight nod, moving back to the window to close it.

"sorry about that," he apologized, walking to sit on the edge of my bed. "you weren't answering, so i came over myself."

i gave him a confused look as i reached over to turn on my side lamp, the flashlight turned off.

"so, not replying is an invitation to come through my window while i'm sleeping? or at least trying to sleep," i asked, frowning.

"exactly!" ashton said cheerfully, but i wasn't amused. he noticed this and mirrored my frown. "now, are you okay?"

"no," i told him firmly. "you interrupted my sleep--"

"no, no!" ashton exclaimed, using his hands as he spoke. "other than the sleeping part, are you okay? you acted strange at the mall and like i said, you weren't answering."

i held back on what i really wanted to say and stuck with the old, "i'm fine."

ashton narrowed his eyes at me, slightly scooting closer to me. i casually backed up into my bed frame, hugging a pillow against me.