sixteen;

votes and comments are highly appreciated xx

ashton drove into town and pulled into the parking lot of none other; pizza hut.

"pizza?" i looked out the window at the glowing sign.

"is pizza alright?" ashton asked worriedly, holding onto his keys. i turned back to him with a smile. "pizza is perfect."

relief washed over his face. he grinned and quickly got out of the car. he ran over to my side and opened the door, bending down and holding out a hand.

i smiled gratefully and took his hand, stepping out of the car. ashton shut the door behind me and led me towards the entrance. he still held my hand, swinging our arms playfully as we walked.

he let go and held the door open, the smell of pizza immediately swarming us. i grinned and stepped inside, where a hostess greeted us. she led us to a booth towards the back.

ashton and i sat across from each other, which i thought was better than sitting side by side.

we scanned the menu in silence. i glanced up every once in a while to watch how concentrated ashton was on deciding which pizza he wanted. his curly hair fell over half of his face and his finger tapped the table in some rhythm.

i hadn't realized i was staring until he looked up to me with an amused expression.

"what?" he chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"i-uh, nothing," i stammered. "i was just wondering what pizza you were going to get."

ashton looked at me in amusement before replying. "i was thinking that we could split one. maybe cheese on one side and pepperoni on the other?" he locked his hazel eyes on me, awaiting my answer.

i snapped out of my trance and managed a nod. 

a woman, who turned our to be our waitress, came up and took our order, including our drinks. she was rather plump, but had a nice smile and smiled at us a lot.

after she left, ashton and i talked quietly amongst ourselves.

"you see that claw game over there?" ashton nodded his head behind me. i turned and glanced at it. "what about it?"

"betcha i can get a prize and you can't," ashton grinned cheekily.

"oh, yeah?"

"yep. i'm beast at those games," ashton leaned back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest cockily.

"uh huh? you're on then," i challenged him, leaning forward and narrowing my eyes. i bit my lip to keep from smiling, but failed miserably.

"go ahead. i'll wait here in case the pizza comes," ashton shooed me away, amused at my  challenge. i grabbed my clutch and pulled out a couple of coins before making my way towards the machine.

i peered in to examine all of the prizes. none of them really appealed to me, but this small teddy bear seemed really easy to get.

i popped the coins into the machine and immediately started to use to joystick to move the claw.

once i was positive it was over the bear, i clicked the button to make the claw drop. it closed around the bears head, lifting it up, and leading it towards an open space where i slide my hand in and grabbed the prize.

i smiled widely, turning around to show ashton the bear. but his eyes weren't on me; they were focused on the entrance into the restaurant.

i glanced in confusion towards where he was looking. waiting at the hostess' stand, stood calum hood, hands stuffed in his pockets.