Chapter 15-A Friendly Dinner

Oliver's POV
By the end of the day when I go to the IT department I see Felicity is the only one left. She still continues to type away.
"Hey, ready to go?"
"Just a sec. Someone managed to crash the servers earlier and I need to see if there are any gaps in the firewall." She types for a few more minutes before she actually looks up.
"Done." She stands and walks towards me.
"So, I was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner with me and few friends of mine?"
"Sure. I was hungry anyway. Should I change?"
"No, what you're wearing is fine." We make it to the lobby and I lead her to my car.
"No Dig?"
"Nope." We get in and I drive to the small restaurant to meet Tommy and Laurel. We walk in and I see them seated at a table. I walk over, Felicity on my heals.
"Oliver!"
"Heh man." I shake hands with Tommy and hug Laurel quickly.
"Who's this?"
"Hi... I'm Felicity...Smoak."
"She's my friend."
"Nice to meet you."
"Any friend of Ollie's is a friend of ours." We sit down and I can tell that Felicity is nervous. Her leg keeps bouncing under the table. I place my hand on her knee and she immediately stops. For the rest of dinner they talk about their extended European trip. A couple hours later the topic changes.
"So how did you meet Oliver?" I see Felicity pale slightly at the question.
"She was a friend of Thea's. Thea introduced us."
"Oh really?"
"Ya. Thea and I met at a club once, or should I say outside one."
"Interesting."
"Yep, and then it turned out she graduated from MIT. Which was perfect since we needed more people in the IT department."
"That's great. Well we better get going. Nice to meet you."
"You too." We all stand and walk out together. Once they are gone Felicity turns to me.
"I don't think they like me very much."
"They do, how can anyone not like you?"
"Your mother?"
"My mother doesn't count, she doesn't like anyone but Laurel."
"Why Laurel?"
"I don't know..."
"Okay."
"You don't need to worry about it, because you are amazing. You've become an amazing person."
"Thanks Oliver."