Chapter 1: In The Darkness

Hi readers!!! this is my first story if you like this please comment and vote!! thnx:D Oh, and before you read the story watch the book trailer!! thnx!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait up, Lucy!" yelled Hallie . 

"Then walk faster!"   I kept walking not slowing down.  "But, it's dark and we're in the middle of the street!" she whined

"God, Hallie, what am I going to do with you? You're ten years old and you're still afraid of the dark," I muttered.  I kept walking looking down at the wet pavement that we were walking on. It was a Saturday night and my good for nothing, gambling dad forgot that his kids needed food. I was used to this though, Hallie barely knew what having a father was. I was really all she had left. Our mom had died when I was born or so, but to Hallie I will be the closest thing she has to a family.  We kept walking to our apartment , we were really only about 2 blocks away. Until I heard the rustling it started getting louder and closer by the second. I felt Hallie hold clutch onto my hand noticing the noise herself. At first, I thought it might be a rabbit or squirrel in the bushes, but then I heard breathing and it started sounding more human. Maybe it was a bad idea to get Chinese food this late. 

"Hallie, get behind me." 

"Why?... You're scaring me. Lucy Is this a joke? Because if it is, it's not funny," she said in  a sour tone. 

"Get behind me!" I said sternly, glaring at her for a moment before turning back to the bushes.  "Who is there!" I yelled into the brush. 

Silence filled the street, I waited impatiently as my hands perspired in cold sweat.

"Is she the one, Boss?"  The voice echoed the street not having a real form. My heart thumped loudly in my chest at the voice. 

"Yes, she's the one."  I saw a black figure come out from behind the lamp post that was lighting the street.

"What do you want?" I clenched my fists. They were probably going to mug my sister in I! The next thing I knew, my sister was being grabbed from behind me and I was being  pinned to the wet ground. I kicked and pushed and did everything I could, but my attacker was to strong.

"Get off!" I screamed at the black silhouette that was pinning me down. I needed to get out from under this person. I heard Hallie scream from somewhere behind me. I felt myself panic and I moved my head from left to right to see if I could see where Hallie was.

I kept trying to free myself from my attacker, but my their  grip was as hard as stone. He finally let go letting me catch a glimpse of their face before the light hit it again causing it to go into a shadow again. I rolled on the ground and managed to get up but not without a blade being placed millimeters away from my throat. I was facing Hallie now. Her hands were grabbed from behind her back and her face was streamed with tears. Were these men people my father had lost a gamble with? Since we didn’t pay were they coming here to….kill us? My last thought froze my heart almost completely until I heard Hallie screaming at me.

"Lucy! Help me!"  Her voice came out in sobs

"Let her go!" I said, my voice screeching in the silent night.

"You can take me, but let her go!" I said while shaking uncontrollably

That's when I saw Hallie drop to the ground. Time stilled as if it was all in slow motion. Her little body falling and falling until it clattered on the wet pavement.  I couldn’t tell if she had just passed out or if she was dead, but she didn’t look right.

"What did you do to her?" I said, my voice loud, but shaky while the knife was still at my throat. I looked around, searching for something or someone to help us. I shut my eyes praying to anyone who would listen to save my sister.

 Suddenly, I froze as a soul gripping voice spoke from the shadows. It was like if the voice was being magnified 1000x and at the same time it felt like It was so quiet that I was the only one that could hear it.

"Don't worry, she's not dead," it echoed . "But if you don't cooperate with us, she will be." 

“Like hell I will” I muttered quietly,but loud enough for him to hear. I blinked and noticed that there was no one with a knife to my neck anymore. I tried to move towards Hallie but was frozen in place. I tried desperately to move, to speak now but nothing could come out of my lips. I saw her limp body on the ground and the more I looked at it the harder it was to believe that she was alive. I felt tears start to overflow my eyes and try to escape down to my cheeks.

"Remember, Lucy. We can take her life whenever we want to," the voice spoke again. Shivers ran down my spine. 

At the sound of my name my eyes grew wide and the tears dried away. I felt like if something was being tugged at the back of my head, like a memory. I felt a hand on my shoulder and something puncture into my neck as I still kept my eyes on my sisters body. I myself slowly fell my eyes never leaving my sister as everything slowly dimmed into black.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hey this is my first legit story (yes i said legit;) ) comment i really need feedback and a vote or two wont hurt any1 rite?