Chapter 32: Gladiator Arena?

Ash’s POV

Lena, Ty, Chris and I were treading up a steep hill. The wind bit at my ears, but I didn’t care all I cared about was saving Lucy in time. Ty ran ahead to scout for any clues. All of a sudden the wind changed direction to hit me straight on in the face. The scent of blood was carried through it. We all stopped and I stared at Lena and Chris. We were al thinking the same thing. We ran farther up the hill. The surface was flat and grassy it was like a small clearing. Huge pine trees that resembled sky scrapers were surrounding it. Pine needles covered the ground. This would have been  a beautiful place to set up a picnic if it wasn’t covered in blood and a decaying body in the middle. We all rushed to the mangled body in front of us.There was a deep gash on it’s back where the death blow was probably given. There were gashes following up on its arms and legs. Ty bent down and turned the bloody body over. It was a girl her eyes were completely glazed over. Her hair black hair was completely tangled with dried blood and twigs. Her face was covered in gashes and blood.  Lena gasped making Chris, Ty and I turn around abruptly.

“ Oh my…that’s Jinx..”

My breath caught in my throat. Jinx’s body was so damaged that it was beyond recognition. My mind raced forward thinking of multiple possibilities of who or how thy could have killed her. One thing was for sure though;  whoever killed her was a heartless beast. Questions raced through me. Was Lucy still even alive? Is she injured? And the last one that I didn’t want to think about because the chances of it happening were likely.

Did Lucy do this?

“Lucy’ blood wasn’t shed here.”

I exhaled like if I had been holding my breath. I saw Lenawas at the edge of  the clearing. I took that as a chance to start moving again. If Lucy wasn’t hurt or at least still alive I will go and save her.

“Let’s keep moving guys”

Everyone started moving through the trees once more. We all knew that our time was running out. The clock of fate was beginning to tick down the minutes. I took one last glance over my shoulder to look at the remnants of Jinx’s body. I couldn’t let the clock beat me I will promise myself that I wont let Lucy end up like Jinx.We ran through the woods the landscape barely changing. The pines started getting thicker and thicker. After hours of running we finally got to a little dirt pathway. Lucy’s scent became stronger along with two other intermingled scents. It wasn’t long until I could start seeing the edges of a large mansion.I looked to my left and right to make sure that Lena,Ty and Chris were still following along. The wind howled past us as we got closer and closer to the house. Lena’s face was full of determination. We were a couple only  a couple of yards. I waved Lena,Ty and Chris to come closer. We knelt down under a bush to discuss what we were going to do  next.

“I think the best option is to go through the front door.We don’t want to sidetrack.” Ty said while kneeling.

“I agree”Lena said joining us.

“Okay then this is where Chris comes in. Chris I need you to listen and tell us if theres anyone behind the door and if you can hear where Lucy is being held captive the better.” I said catching my breath.

“This plan has to be flawless, all we want to do is grab Lucy and get out.”Lenasaid

We got up and walked toward the huge mansion. The door came close and closer to view until we were standing right in front of it. It was a huge double door the had carvings on the edges. I looked over at Chris who was already putting his ear against the door. Silence passed until Chris finally stepped back and spoke.

“There is multiple people in this house. There appears to be no one on the first floor so you should have no difficulty getting to the next floor. However I do hear some persons thoughts that are very menacing. I presume those thoughts are from the person who is holding Lucy captive. He seems to be excited and-“