Chapter 5 :Underwater Voices and Uncovered Truths

Hey guys!!!!! soo happy ive gotten this far,even though no one is probably reading this im still happy ive gotten this many chapters done! ;)

You know when you're swimming and go underwater, and when someone talks, their voice is muffled? Well, that's what it sounded like right now. I felt like I was floating through the air, but somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that someone was carying me. Then I felt something soft underneath me, like a bed. The voices were getting louder and I felt like there was a lot of movement around me.

  I was finally able to decipher some words again. "Sit up." Even though it was unclear who it was, I sat up. Through the blur of voices, I heard the words "drink" and "blood". My brain told me to fight, and I tried, but it was useless. Strong arms held me down and opened my mouth.

  At first, I refused to swallow it, but then the warm, sweet liquid overcame all my senses and i forgot about everything except quenching my thirst. While I drank, I began regaining consciousness. Images flashes through my mind of the night my sister and I were attacked. It was horrible to watch my sister drop to the ground again. But, I kept drinking, until I felt like I might pop. It was so good

.   "Lucy, stop!" I kept drinking. "Lucy!" Only when I placed the voice as Lena's did I stop. In my mind, I replayed the scene of my sister falling onto the ground.  

"Lucy!" I tried focusing and concentrating on what was happening around me. I was finally able to place Lena, Ash, and Ty surrounding me.

"Lucy!" Lena shook me.  

"What?" I said, my voice ringing out around me.  

"How are you feeling?" she asked.   "I'm fine. Why?" I answered, unsure why she was asking me this.

  "Because you're crying," she said softly. I touched my face and, sure enough, there were tears. I glimpsed Ash and Ty on my left side and turned to Lena, on my right, hiding my face from them. I couldn't let them see me like this.

  "It's okay, boys. I'll handle it from here," Lena told them. She waved her hands at them until, eventually, they left us alone. I looked up at Lena, who was staring down at me with a worried look on her face.

  "I'm fine," I said in a soft voice.  

"Lucy, you are not fine. You were crying when you were drinking the blood. And, when I say crying, I mean sobbing."

  "I was?" I mumbled, embarrassed now.

  "Look, I know you probably don't trust many people. But, you can trust me. I promise." My eyes widened, but I really felt like I could trust her. So, I told her.  

"I remembered what happened that night. While I was drinking," I refused to say what I was drinking, even if I knew it, "I saw it all over again." I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying not to cry again as I pictured it all once again.

  "Oh... Um, I think it's time to tell you what happened after you were unconscious that night."   "Please tell me," I practically begged.

  "Okay, here goes," she said, a little relunctantly. "There's some powerful Vampires that can feel when a human has a special power. That power won't awaken unless they're a Vampire, you see. You were turned into a Vampire for that same reason."  

"What about my sister?" I asked. "What happened to her?"

  "We don't know what that happened to her. We only got you," she explained. My breath rushed out of me.

  "What do you mean you only got me?" I asked, my voice beginning to raise. "The night you were turned, you were brought to this academy and left at the courtyard by some person in a black cloak." Why is it always a black cloak? "Ash was the one who saw you. He brought you in." Well, that explains why he'd been the one taking care of me when I'd first woken up.