Chapter 22: Jinx

Ash opened the gym door and I saw something I did not expect to see. All the lights in the room were off except for one, a spotlight, right in the middle of the room. Under the spotlight, a girl with dark brown, almost black hair sat in a chair with her legs crossed. Her face was slim, and her bright blue eyes shined with excitement.  

She sat like a goddess in her black velvet dress with five guys surrounding her, feeding her snacks and waving fans at her. Looking around, I saw girls standing by the walls, fear in their eyes. Then, I looked back to the girl in the chair, who was now looking back at us.

  She smirked.

  "Looks like there's something interesting to play with," she said under her breath, though even from where we were standing, it was easy enough to hear. Slowly, she stood up. The energy in the room suddenly tensed up, and my body followed along with the reaction.

  *Clack, clack, clack* Her heels hit the ground as she made her way to us.

  *Clack*  

She stopped right in front of Ash. She didn't even act as if I were there. I tried to turn my body slightly to her, but soon realized that I was unable to. I was paralyzed, frozen in place.

  This girl wasn't the average, everyday Vampire. No, she was something different.

  Without warning, she grabbed Ash's hand. "You're going to be my date!" she said in a cheerful tone that sent a chill down my back. But, I ignored it, instead focusing on what she'd just said.  

Um, I believe he was my date! She can't just waltz up and tell him to be her date when he was already mine. Yep, I was pissed now. And that gave me the strength to grab every ounce of energy I had, and then I was able to move again.

  "Excuse me," I said, taking a small step toward her. Her eyes widened as she turned to see me move, but she smirked to cover her reaction up.  

"So, two toys in one night. Fun, fun!" she said with laughter in her voice. I felt a small shift in the room as she said this. I couldn't quite figure out if that was a good thing or bad thing. I looked down at her hand still on Ash's arm, then glared back at her.

  "What's your name?" I asked through gritted teeth.

  "Jinx." I stifled a laugh.

  "Well, Jinx, I suggest you let go of my boyfriend's arm before I have to rip it off you." I mentally groaned as the words left my mouth. Boyfriend! Really, had I just said that? I felt my cheeks begin to redden, forming a blush.

  Even though I'd hated what I just said though, when I saw her face, I regretted it a little less. I could tell by the look on her face that I'd hit a nerve.

  "You just stepped into a very dangerous game..." Well, oops. "I will crush you and I will take that boy away from you," she finished in a dark whisper. I resisted the urge to shiver as another chill ran down my spine.

  "I won't let you," I said with determination.

  "We'll see..." I stood frozen as I realized, for the first time, that everyone was staring at me. Jinx walked away, her threat hanging in the air. Silence overtook the room for a moment, and then just like that, music began blaring and everyone was dancing as if nothing had just happened. Well, that was odd.

  I chanced a glance at Ash. He was staring down at me, bright red marks highlighting his cheeks. Great, I just blew it. We stood from across each other, silent, as everyone around us danced and had the time of their life.   "I'm sor-" I started, but Ash cut me off.

  "Come with me," he said in a stern voice. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the hallway as my heart jumping into my throat; I thought I might cough it up. We continued down the hallway until we were far away from the gym. My heart still beat hard in my chest.  

"Look, Ash, I'm sorry about calling you my boyfriend. I don't know-"   Before I was even able to finish my sentence, Ash's lips crashed down onto mind. I sighed as I tasted the sweetness of his mouth. I was in a daze, wanting the kiss to continue still, as he pulled back. His voice was low and breathy as he spoke.

  "When you're with someone, I can't stand it. I want you to be mine and mine only." He took a deep breath, and I'm pretty sure I did too at his confession. "Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?"

  I barely even thought as I answered in a whispered my answer, a blush lighting my cheeks.   "Yes."  

                                                                                       ***

  Ash and I walked hand in hand back to the gym. I saw Lena and Ty slow dancing, so I would have to ask about that later, but for the moment, I pushed the thought aside. Instead, I focused on Ash as he lead me to the dance floor and took me into his arms. Until midnight, the world consisted of only me and Ash.  

                                                                                   ***  

After the dance, Ash walked me to my door. He stood there a moment, and just as I was wondering if he was going to do anything, he leaned in and gave me a short kiss.

  "Ah ha!" My eyes widened when I saw Lena. "I knew something was going to happen tonight!" she said, a smile stretching across her face. Beside her, Ty stood with his arm around her waist. I raised an eyebrow.  

"We have a lot to catch up on," I said, staring back at Ty's arm. I watched as her face got red-a lot of faces were doing that tonight-and she slightly stepped away from him, making him loose his grip on her waist. He looked down at the ground and I noticed, yet another, shade of red on his own cheeks.

  We all chit chatted about pointless things for a while, then too soon, everyone was saying good night. Ash didn't give me another kiss, but he shared a knowing smile with me.  

"Hey, Lucy," Lena said, catching my attention quickly.

  "Yeah?" I asked as I turned around to face her.  

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow." Then she winked and walked away. I opened my door and walked in, wondering what the surprise was for only a moment before I remembered the rest of the night. I leaned back against the door and sighed. Everything was perfect.

  If only Hallie were safe. If only she were back...

  Quickly, I got into my shower and let the warm water rinse away those thoughts. Thankfully, it worked. I got out feeling much better. I snuggled into my bed and pulled the covers to my nose. Within seconds, I fell into a dreamless sleep. Nothing could have made me sad that night. I was in too good of a mood.  

The next day, however, was a completely different story...

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! i kow i havent up-loaded for a long long while but i have recently have just gotten an editio and we have been working on some stuff, So check there frist 5 chapters they are a little (tiny) bit diffrent but sound more awesome (?)