Chapter 7

Selena's POV

On the way back home, I didn't know what my head was doing. So many feelings bounced around, pinging off the walls of my consciousness.

As soon as we got back, I went up to my room, leaving Danny to talk with Mark and Glen. I didn't really care what they were talking about. I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, at the swirls and patterns I'd inked there. I found images in the swirls, faces, animals, things I'd put there without realising it. My head felt like it was going to explode. I didn't know what to do, how to act. Where now? I didn't want to have these thoughts jumping around in my head, I didn't want to have a care. I wanted to feel free, without limits.

I wanted to get drunk.

Danny's POV

I sat on the kitchen counter, Mark and Glen watching me. I'd explained what had happened and they'd agreed with me that we needed to do something about Lena. Little did I know that she had the same idea.

We heard footsteps coming downstairs and gaped in awe at her. What the hell was she doing?

Her hair was pin straight, shiny and pulled back into a large... beehive, did they call it? Her dress was, well stunning. A very short black dress, strapless, with a puffy skirt, showing off her long legs and beautiful pale skin. Her feet were sheathed in the tallest high heels I had ever seen a girl wear, and her face was decorated with makeup. Her full lips were stained with a dark red colour.

I looked at Mark and Glen next to me, who wore shocked expressions similar to mine. Glen's mouth gaped open and resisted the urge to laugh at him, knowing that I probably looked the same. "Erm... Lena... What are you doing?" I asked. Lena smiled and shrugged.

"Going out." She stated.

"Where?"

"I don't know, out of control, out of my mind?" I had to admit that was a good comeback, I made a mental note to use it sometime.

"Ok, I'll just get my jacket." I said, confused. Mark and Glen did the same.

Lena dragged us to her favourite bar, it was about eight o'clock now and I had a feeling we would not be leaving for a while. "Watch what she drinks." I whispered to Mark and Glen. They nodded.

Eight vodkas and a couple of shots later, I looked beside me to find that Lena had gone. I turned to Mark. "Where the fuck is she?!" I yelled over the loud music. Mark shrugged, it seemed he had had a little more to drink than me.

"I dinno." He slurred. I sighed and looked for Glen. Seriously! Was I the only responsible one here? It seemed Glen had disappeared too. I jumped down from my bar stool and searched, spotting him by a couple of cute girls in the corner.

"Sorry," I interrupted. "He's got an appointment with his girlfriend." I grabbed Glen by the scruff of the neck and dragged him away.

"Eh- Wh-What was that for?" He cried. I scowled as I plonked him down next to Mark.

"Seriously! You two were supposed to watch what she drank!" I yelled. Mar frowned.

"Who?" He questioned, trying to focus on me.

"Lena you prats!" An expression of understanding dawned on Glen's face.

"Oh." He said slowly. "She's over there somewhere..." He trailed off and leant his head on the bar. Honestly, he was hopeless!

"If you want something doing!" I cried, heading in the direction that Glen had pointed.

Eventually I found Lena, but I really wished I hadn't. She was flat out drunk.

"Dan Dan!" She cried as I approached. She flung her arms around my neck and squeezed the life out of me. Sometimes I really hated women. Lena smiled crookedly and lifted her bottle of- what was it?- high. I sighed and grabbed her hand, attempting to drag her away from the small crowd that was gathering. "Whoa!" She yelled. "Get off me!" She pulled herself from my grasp and leaping onto a table. Could things get any worse? Then she started to sing.

It wasn't the beautiful voice I had heard weeks ago at my piano, it was way out of tune and slurred. "IIIIII am the daaaannnnccciiinnngg queen! Yyyoooung and freeeeee. Onnnly seeevvveeennnteeeeenn ohhhhh yeeeaaahh!" She started to dance on the table, not noticing the drunken men who had gathered around her. Oh dear. I'd had enough.

"Right, show's over!" I yelled, fighting my way through the men to Lena, who was beginning the next lines.

"Yoooouuuuuu can dannnce! Yoooouuuuu cannn- Whoa!" I grabbed Lena by the waist and hoisted her over my shoulder, grunting at her weight. Why were girls always heavier than they looked? I mean, Lena looked so slim, but she weighed a ton!

I walked through the throngs of people quickly, ignoring Lena's drunken protests and setting her down at a bar stool next to Mark and Glen. She fell straight off again. I sighed and picked her back up. "Right we're going home." I said firmly to the three of them. Mark nodded weakly, he had regained some sense. I think Glen had fallen asleep, but I slapped him around the face. He perked up and I dragged him from the chair, trusting Mark to help him. We left the club quickly, calling a taxi back to the house.

Lena stumbled into the living room and fell over the sofa. I helped her up and sat down next to her. Mark and Glen swayed upstairs and I heard them collapse in different rooms. Seeing as Lena wouldn't want me to sleep in Sam's room, it looked like I'd be sharing with Glen. He was the least grumpy in the morning. Lena sat on the sofa, tears running down her face. Was she crying from the drink or for real? Girls were too emotional. I attempted to say something.

"Erm... Lena?" I began. Then something happened that I didn't expect. She turned to me and grabbed me by the collar, then full on kissed me! My brain melted into a puddle. I felt her arms wrap around my neck, and I almost responded, but reason caught up with me. What the hell was I doing? I pushed away gently. Lena looked at me, eyes not focusing.

"I love you!" She cried. "You're my bessstt fwwwend!" Definitely the drink.

I attempted to subdue her, but Lena insisted on jumping on the sofa, running around and dancing like a loon. I thought I was bad when I was drunk. Eventually Lena tired, and finally collapsed on the floor in a heap, fast asleep. I gently picked her up and carried her upstairs, lying her on her bed. I sat next to her for a while, just looking at the artwork that adorned her bedroom. The girl could sing and draw?

I looked at the clock. One am. Could be worse I suppose. I watched Lena's peaceful expression as she slept, somehow reminding me of an angel. I remembered that kiss, only an hour or so before. She'd taken me by surprise, yet that's not to say it wasn't nice. Sure, I'd kissed a lot of girls before, but it was different. I remembered that electric, tingly feeling that had rushed through my body, like my whole being had melted. Why had a drunken kiss made me feel that way? Why had Lena made me feel that way?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there we go! Chapter 7 is done, what's gonna happen next? (To be honest I dunno.) Please vote and comment! The song for this chapter is Six Degrees of Separation :)