Chapter 17

Danny's POV

Ok, so I hadn't a clue where I was going to take Lena. I wanted to give her a treat, to take her mind off everything, but I didn't know how the hell I was going to do it.

After Lena went to bed, I went downstairs and opened up her laptop, tapping quickly onto Google. I researched for a while, with no avail. Nothing seemed to fit her. A spa? It didn't sound right for a date. A track day? Ok it sounded cool but I'd probably like it more. I gave up.

What the hell was I supposed to do?

Selena's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Burnt pancakes.

I sprinted downstairs to the sound of the smoke alarm and saw Danny stood on one of the dining room chairs, waving a teatowel in front of it. Smoke filled the kitchen and I coughed as I entered the room. The pan was smoking wildly.

"Danny!" I yelled. He noticed me and smiled.

"Everything is under control!" He shouted back. I scowled, grabbing the teatowel from him and drenching it with water from the tap. I used it to take the pan from the hob and stuck it in the sink. Danny jumped down from the chair. He was fully dressed in black jeans, combat boots and a basic grey t-shirt. I loved his fashion sense.

"You were really in control!" I cried as I stood on the chair, taking the batteries out of the smoke alarm. Finally it stuttered to a halt, blessed silence taking over. Danny shrugged and scratched his head.

"I was." He replied. "It's just the pancakes had other ideas." I sighed.

"Next time you try to make breakfast, warn me first so I can notify the fire brigade." I answered. It was a nice thought though. As I was about to get down, Danny grabbed me around the waist and spun me around. I squealed and he put me down, kissing my cheek. My heart fluttered.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked playfully.

"It's a surprise!" Danny replied. I had to admit he was insistent. "Go get dressed!" He ordered, and I smiled.

"Don't blow up the kitchen!" I answered.

I came downstairs at 10.30 to see Danny sitting at the kitchen counter, feeding George. I snuck up on him.

"I'm glad he's still alive." I said loudly and he jumped, smiling. He turned and raked his eyes over me, grinning. I'd put on my best outfit. Black tights, a tartan skirt, combat boots, a Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt and my leather jacket, with my favourite necklace. It had about a million charms on it, stuff I'd collected for ages. A keyring sharpie, a key, a few beads, a ring, bits and bobs. I'd straightened my hair quickly so it was perfectly shiny. Danny smiled at me and let out a low whistle.

"So much for just 'dress normally'" He said. "You look great!" I grinned.

"Thanks." I replied. "So where we going?" I knew his answer.

"It's a surprise." Danny grinned.

I sat in my car, arms folded. Danny was driving! I didn't believe it, last time I had given him permission, but now he'd just nicked the keys and gone! I scowled at him and he laughed.

"Wherever you're taking me, it better be good!" I said firmly. He was driving my baby, it had taken me WAY too long to save up for her.

"It will be!" He replied. He was kind of getting on my nerves now, he'd better tell me where we were going.

Eventually we arrived and Danny stuck a blindfold on me before I could even glance at our destination.

"Seriously?!" I cried. I heard him chuckling as he got out of the car. He helped me out and led me forwards. I felt the cold air on my face and laughed. "Come on Dan! Tell me where we are!" I cried. I heard a low laugh and the blindfold was lifted from my eyes. I gasped and stared in awe at the sight in front of me.