Chapter 20

Selena's POV

*Two days later*

Today was going to be a rough day.

Danny left for Dublin this afternoon and although he was desperate for me to accompany him, my University hasn't sorted out my gap year yet, so I was technically still enrolled. In fact, I was meant to be in Latin at eight. I had no intention of going to class when this was the last day I was going to see Danny.

My phone was on fire, texts and phone calls from every person in my contacts.

Cat:

R U COMIN 2 MY PERFORMANCE AFTR DANNY'S GONE? Xxxxxxxx

Lea:

HI BB, WUU2 AFTR DANNY LEAVES? Xxxxxxxx

Alex:

HI LENA, U IN SHOPPING CENTR 2DAY? I'M ON DOUBLE SHIFT= BORED :-)

Mark:

TELL DANNY TO HURRY HIS LAZY ARSE UP AND GET HERE!

Glen:

IGNORE MARK, HE'S NOT HAD ANY COFFEE

And then there were the calls from Rosale.

YOU HAVE 8 MISSED CALLS FROM WICKEDWITCHOFTHEWEST.

Yeah, so I put that as her contact name. So what? She was never going to see it! Turning my phone off, I hurried upstairs to Danny, who was attempting to pack. There were clothes everywhere.

"Mark says to hurry your lazy arse up." I said, taking a crumpled t-shirt from him and folding it. Danny shrugged and snaked his arms around my waist.

"So?" I smiled to myself at his attempt to be romantic.

"So, do what he says." I replied, "And iron these." I tossed two pairs of black jeans and a few t-shirts at his scowling face. Pouting, the Irishman released me and sulked off to the kitchen as I continued to tidy.

After about an hour of packing, well unpacking everything that was already packed and then repacking it, Danny's case was filled with all of his clothes and shoes. I made sure to put his Converse, combat boots, black skinnies and fave t-shirt on top. Quickly zipping it shut, I handed it to Danny, who grunted with the weight.

"How much have you packed?" He moaned. I smirked.

"Everything you brought." I answered, following him downstairs.

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't this heavy when I turned up." Danny put the case down next to the door and flopped onto the sofa. I sat next to him.

"Maybe it's you?" I teased, squeezing his arm playfully. "I'm pretty sure that's not muscle." Danny scowled and turned to me with a glint in his eye.

"If that's true how would I do this?" He grabbed me around the waist and spun me around rapidly. I squealed and shut my eyes tightly, and although he stopped spinning, Danny refused to put me down. Instead, he shifted my position in his arms so he was carrying me bridal style.

"Am I strong now?" He asked playfully. I grinned and wound my arms around his neck, playing with his hair.

"Fine, I give in." I relented, but he still wouldn't release me. He sat down on the sofa so I was seated on his lap.

"Thank you." Danny said. I smiled slightly at his expression. Then it went silent.

We sat like that for a while, just holding each other. I suppose it was nice, just being that close. Then Danny spoke.

"I'm gonna miss you." He said quietly. I laughed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm going to see you in a week!" I exclaimed. I was determined to get my studies sorted by the weekend.

Danny gave a weak smile and shrugged.

"Yeah, but it'll be strange without you there." I smirked at his expression.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" I asked.

"Well if you insist!" The Irishman grinned and squeezed me tightly. "Love you!"

He didn't realise how big an impact his words had.

Danny's POV

I held Lena's hand as she drove me to the airport. She kept telling me off for distracting her every few minutes, what can I say, it's my Irish charm!

My plane boarded at 1.20, so we had around an hour before we had to say goodbye. Plus we would have to get through the press.

A few journalists had followed us as we got in the car, but by the time we got to the airport, throngs of men and women with wide lens Kodaks were waiting. I gripped Lena's hand protectively as she attempted to park without running down anyone. Personally, I wouldn't have minded if a couple of the cameramen were knocked out. They leaned in, swarming at the windows, cameras glued to the Perspex. I scowled as Lena unfurled her hand from mine and opened the car door. The men surrounded her like flies to honey and I couldn't help but feel burning anger at them. They would do anything for a story.

Getting out of the car too, I quickly took my bags from the boot, resisting the urge to hit a persistent questioner with them.

"Are you going back to Ireland Danny? Is Miss Darte coming with you? Are you-" I cut him off.

"NO COMMENT." I stormed away, wrapping my arm around Lena's waist. She sensed my anger and gently wound her arm around me, a small smile upon her lips.

"You ok?" She asked quietly. I nodded and grinned.

"Yup, just needed to get something out of my system." Lena laughed, her eyes twinkling.

"I don't blame you." She muttered. I smiled.

The airport was quite busy today. Lena had placed all of my luggage onto a trolley, so I swung around on it playfully. The journalists still followed. I was surprised how little Lena cared about it now, she'd gotten used to the entourage, though I still felt bad about it.

Selena's POV

I stayed with Danny all the way up to the gate. He looked like a child, running down the tunnel with his arms out like an airplane. Suddenly he turned around and quickly ran back to me.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whispered, winding his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. I intertwined my fingers with his and looked back at the cameramen who were struggling to get through the metal detectors. Danny smiled.

"Go, I'll see you next week." I said firmly. The Irishman pouted, then gave in.

"Fine, I'll text you as soon as I land." He said. I nodded.

"Ok, now go." I gently pressed my lips to his cheek and he pulled a face. I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing." Dan replied. "Just this."

Before I could react, Danny pressed his lips to mine with such force, I think my whole body melted. My eyes closed, I brought my hand up to gently caress his face, feeling the rough stubble on my fingertips. As we pulled apart, I smiled against his lips, our noses touching.

"Go. Now." I ordered, releasing his hand. I small moan escaped from Danny's lips, and he kissed me once, briefly. I felt his hands release me and by the time I opened my eyes, he was halfway down the tunnel.

I stared after him silently, and as I knew he would, he looked back. I smiled at him, then turned away. Now I was alone again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to finish this chapter for ages! Finally I did it! Ok, so updates are probably going to be every other week, just so you know. Hopefully I've figured out my rotations to update, but I'm thinking bout writing another story, but my own idea this time. I'll let people know when it's taking shape :)

Please vote and comment :) I know this chapter isn't the best, but it'll get better :)

the song for this chapter is Angel, by Andrea Begley. She won the Voice UK! Woop! And she's Team Danny! Yay!