Chapter 11

Chapter 11! I'm up to date now I think so here we are, something is gonna happen! Hope you like it :)

Selena's POV

I woke in Danny's arms, content and happy, although slightly confused. We were lying in the same position as last night, me snuggled up against his chest with his arms around me.

I opened my eyes groggily. Somebody had switched the tv off, and I could here a strange squirting noise beside me. I looked up to see Mark armed with a can of whipped cream, making a mountain of the stuff of Danny's hand. He put a finger on his lips and I smiled, nodding and resting my head back on Danny's shoulder. I loved the way my head fitted into his neck perfectly. I watched as Mark tickled his nose then sprinted into the kitchen, trying not to laugh. Danny sat up, groaning, and covered in cream.

"Mark!" He yelled, standing. "Sorry for waking you." He added to me, then pelted up the stairs shouting at the top of his lungs. "MARK BLOODY SHEEHAN YOU ARE DEAD!" I stifled a laugh as Mark came out from hiding.

The rest of the days went quickly, Rosale kept out of my way, sorting out 'adult matters'. Talk about patronising. Before I knew it it was May 16th, the day before the funeral, and my funeral dress was hung up behind my bedroom door.

It was a nice dress, basic and respectable. It was navy blue, knee length with small ruffles. It had a matching cropped jacket which had a tailored look. I hardly ever wore it, but it was comfy.

I walked into Cat and Lea's room to see Cat doing her ballet practice. She'd been training as a law student for two years, but had a place at a ballet school not far from the university. I'd watched her winter performance a few months ago- she'd been the Silver Fox- it had been amazing. As I entered the room, Cat was switching from fourth position into fifth. She had fitted a ballet bar along her wall and was always using it. Rows of trophies and medals lined the shelves above her bed, and her leotards and favourite costumes were hung on a long metal clothes rack, separate from the wardrobe. I had to admit I had 'borrowed' one or two of them a few times, they were gorgeous.

Cat looked up at me, plieing and turning slowly. "Hi L." She said, pirouetting.

"Hey." I replied. "You're really improving." I commented.

"Hmm, I dunno..." She muttered. "Hey did you see Glen's face when I came down in my ballet gear?" I laughed. The other day, Cat had walked into the living room wearing her smallest blue leotard, tights and her favourite ballet pumps. Glen's eyes had nearly popped out of his head, plus he had choked on his orange juice. I had laughed for so long.

I sat down at the desk, watching Cat as she danced elegantly. The funeral was only twelve hours away, everything was planned, but I had a feeling I'd forgotten something.

Danny's POV

"Psst! Dan!" A voice whispered round my door. I sat up on the bed and looked at the girl who stood there. Lea.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk to you for a minute?" I nodded and Lea entered, Cat behind her. They both sat down, Lea on what had been her bed, Cat in the desk chair.

"It's about Lena." Cat began.

"Okay." I said. I had no idea where this was going.

"Well, it's more about her birthday." Lea continued.

"You see, she hasn't mentioned it to me." Cat said.

"Or me." Lea added. "Has she said anything to you?" I shook my head and Cat and Lea sighed in unison. Twins.

"Why has anything got to do with Lena's birthday?" I questioned. Lea looked at Cat, they both looked at me nervously.

"It's tomorrow."