Chapter Eighteen

Its been about a year since I was released from the hospital. Taylor lost all hope after about 4 months, he's claimed he's moved on and that's okay, as long as he's happy.

I've been really trying to focus on bettering myself lately, not getting into so many fights as I used to.

Life's been pretty great lately.

I was sitting in the studio, listening to my brother and JJ kill it as they we're working on a new EP, man I'm so proud of the two of them.

As for my love life- well there's nothing new, Sammy admitted he had feelings for me but he was going on tour so we decided to not pursue a relationship.

But about a month ago he was rumored to be in a relationship with a girl name Stasia. I was upset at first but I knew I had to just go with it and move on, because being depressed over a guy is a waste of my precious time.

I was soon interrupted out of my thoughts as I hear my brother "Yo, Hunt, how was it?" He asked, referring to the song they were working on called 'Wrong One'.

I smiled, giving a thumbs up. "It was amazing as all the songs on the EP- like truly, I'm shocked of how good these are turning out!" I say and he smiles, giving JJ a high five as they both chuckle.

They took a break as Allie and Jenn walked in, greeting them with hugs and kisses as I soon got up and walked out into the lobby area, I sat on the leather couch as I heard a familiar voice singing in a nearby room. I didn't want to intrude so I just sat there on my phone, and after about 20 minutes I saw the familiar face of Shawn Mendes.

"SHAWN!!" I say with excitement in my voice, getting up as I rush over and hug him tightly, his smile wide as he hugs me back, spinning me around.

"HUNTER!! I missed my favorite Gilinsky!" He says before adding, "But shh don't tell Jack I said that." He says with a laugh and I nod, smiling as I let out a small giggle.

"How have you been, Canada?" I ask with a small smirk at the nickname I gave him.

"Pretty amazing, Stacey and I actually have been dating and I'm honestly so genuinely happy." He says with the biggest smile, showing me his lock screen of the two of them.

"Aww how adorable! How did Cameron take it?" I ask and his smile dropped a bit.

"He doesn't talk to me anymore- if that tells you anything." He answers and I nod, I was going to continue our conversation but he was soon called by his manager to go back in.

"It was so amazing to see you again, Hunt. I'll talk to you later, eh?" He says and I nod, giving him a hug goodbye.

I then returned to my spot back on the couch, I scrolled through Twitter and my eyes glanced at a tweet.

'@TaylorCaniff: you know when I said I was over you..I lied.'

Wait- what, is he talking about us??

A/N Hey guys it's Stacey! Sorry for the small chapter I just need to get back into the swing of things, I love you all so much and if you want to follow me on twitter, it's @mendesinstinct 💗