Spare The Pain - Ch. 2: Ignore The Feeling

Once the bell rung, signaling that science was over, Armin quickly grabbed his books and stood up, startling a few kids around him. Eren knew that Armin was going to run away from him, so he quickly got up as well. The blond boy rushed out of the science classroom, slightly pushing a few people in front of him. The brunette did the same, chasing after the blond. Once Armin got his locker, he quickly tried to enter the combination but someone grabbed his shoulder, turned hi around and pushed hind against the locker. Armin shut his eyes, not wanting to face the person he knew as Eren Yeager.

"Open your eyes. I'm not Yeager," the person said.

Armin slowly opened his eyes to face the one and only, Jean Kirstein. A small blush of embarrassment tinted his cheeks.

"What happened in class?" Jean questioned.

Armin's eyes widened as he realized that he was talking to Jean. His boyfriend. The one that can not find out about the sudden arranged married.

"N-nothing," Armin stuttered.

"Something obviously happened. You froze when Mrs. Zoë said something," Jean stated. "To you and Yeager."

"It's p-personal, Jean. I do-don't want to ta-talk about it," Armin explained.

Jean sighed before letting go of Armin.

"I'll meet you in the cafeteria," Jean informed.

Armin nodded. He watched as Jean walked away, possibly pissed off or annoyed. Armin sighed in relief before turning back to his locker. He entered the combination and opened the blue door. After placing his books inside, the blond closed the locker and began to walk away. Suddenly, an arm was wrapped around his shoulders. The boy looked up to see the brunette that he didn't want to see. The brunette that had hurt him months ago, yet, still tries to strike a happy conversation like nothing happened. The brunette that's named Eren Yeager.

"What do you want?" Armin asked, rather harshly.

Eren looked taken back, shocked at Armin's sudden tone. He sighed before replying to the blond.

"Jean's a whole lot better than me. I hate to admit it, but it's true," Eren states. "If only I was able to treat you this nicely when we were together..."

Both boys blushed as they began walking towards the cafeteria, Eren's arm still around Armin. Armin didn't know what to say, he didn't even know how to take the words Eren had spoken. Eren thought for a minute before speaking up again.

"You know, if you had given me another chance, I would held you close and never let you go. I would've never hurt you again, because hurting you was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I'm not exaggerating on this," Eren explained.

Armin's blush grew redder so he looked down at the ground. He got a strange feeling in his stomach that he had felt before, but couldn't figure it out. He was left speechless as the two continued to walk. The silence was thick and the tension was horrible. Eren wanted to break it again, but he didn't know how. Armin wanted to confess that he wanted to give Eren another chance. But neither of them said anything. The only sounds were their footsteps and the noises of the cafeteria that they were nearing.

The feeling inside Armin grew stronger as Eren brought the blond closer. Armin could remember the last time that Eren had held him this close. But he wanted to forget everything he had with Eren. He didn't want to replay the memories. Good or bad, he didn't want them. Not one bit. Armin looked up from the ground and notice that they were already inside the cafeteria. The two were walking towards the table that Armin sat at, with his friends and Jean obviously.

The blond decided to ignore the feeling he was getting and focus on his 1 year anniversary of his and Jean's relationship. But once the thought of Jean hit his mind, he remembered the words Eren said. He didn't want to believe that Jean had made out with Marco. Marco was Armin's friend, he wouldn't betray the blond. Would he? The two, Armin and Eren, were three meters away from the table filled with Armin's friends. They all stopped their actions and stared at Eren and his arm which was still around Armin. Before they got to the table, Eren leaned closer to Armin's ear.

"If you're happy with Jean, then I'm happy... But," Eren began to whisper into Armin's ear. "I still love you."

Armin stopped walking. His eyes were wide as he slowly began to shake his head. He couldn't believe what Eren had just told him. It wasn't true, was it? Without thinking, Armin took Eren's arm away from him and turned around. He began walking away from Eren and his friends. He had to get away. Away from Eren so he was able to ignore the strange feeling inside him.

'He was lying' Armin thought, trying to convince himself that Eren didn't love him. 'He's playing with you... Again, don't fall for it'