Chapter 2 The Mansion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Still Mai's P.O.V *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              I heard my loud alarm go off at 6:00 am. I left the comfort of my blankets and went to get ready for work. I wore usual clothes - A brown skirt and a pink shirt. I walked out of my apartment and locked the door behind me. I ran down the stair and went outside. I walked over to SPR. I walked and glanced at the clock. I made it right on time. I gave myself a high five and went to go make tea. And as I was doing so I heard "Mai tea." Yep. I Quickly finished up the tea and brought it to Naru. 

              He gave me a fake smile. He said, "I'm surprised your little brain let you come to work on time." I could feel my face getting hotter because he is making me mad. "YOU NARSISSTIC TEA ADDICTED JERK." He glared at me "Mai You don't have to yell I'm right here." He said annoyed. I then blushed "Ah shut it Naru." I walked out the door with a slam. I went to my desk and sat and pouted for a couple Seconds.

               I heard a knock on the front door. I open the door and it was Naru's five thirty. "Naru!"'I yelled. As Naru was coming out I asked the lady if she wanted tea. She nodded her head yes. I finished the tea and saw Lin already there, ready to type. I sat the tea in front of her. I sat down on the right of Naru. "Ok, what's your name? " Naru started. My name is Elizabeth." She said her name in English. Naru looked a bit surprised but left as quickly as it came. He nodded for her to continue. She continues. "Well, it started when I first moved in a couple months I thought nothing of it and kept thinking of reasons not to believe..." a few seconds went by and she drew in a shaky breath. "But this time it's worse, it's getting more violent."

               Naru nods his head at her. "Violent how?" He asked with a bit of curiousness his voice. She shuddered a bit no doubt from the awful memory. "They threw books at my 10-year-old daughter. My husband has been getting more violent. I know it's the ghost's fault because he NEVER acts like that." She said putting more energy into saying never. Naru looked at me. Thinking no doubt about that, he shut his book. I jumped a bit so didn't Elizabeth. "We'll take the case." Her face went bright with hope. I'm glad he took the case.

              I smiled to myself. "One one condition," Naru said showing no emotion. She slightly frowned at this comment but there was still hope in her eyes. She nodded her head for him to continue. We need three room, 1 for the base, 2 for bedrooms." Naru finished. She nodded her head furiously, "Yes, yes, yes a million times yes." She said. She smiled the biggest smile ever. A couple tears went down her checks but she whipped them quickly. I gave her a hug and she almost squeezed the life out of me. I heard a sigh of relief from her as she walked out most likely because her problem will be handled. Lin left the room leaving me and Naru there alone. "Mai call the others and tell them the address." I nodded my head. I walked into my office and started to make calls right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Time skip *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I walked into the office. And of course, it was lively than ever. It felt good to see everyone since Naru kept declining cases almost every time. I Sat my luggage down and went to make tea for everyone. Everyone took one even Lin and I rarely get that. Naru walked out and made everyone settle down. "Okay, guys it's time to go." I hear Naru. Lin drove Naru was in the middle and I had the window seat! It was one of the rare moments. I usually just sleep there but now I can start to try and stay up. We stopped to get gas before anything so we won't have to stop in the middle of the trip. I went into the store to see what they had. They had a lot of things like gum and foreign things I'm not used to. 

            I looked at some butterscotch that looked so familiar. I went to the counter and paid for it. I ran to the vehicle and jumped in right beside Naru. "What did you get?" Naru asked a bit curious laced in his voice. I gave a small smile to him "I got butterscotch." He nodded his head. "Want one?" He nodded his head yes. I put one in his hand a bit surprised it seemed he wouldn't be a candy person. I gave one to Lin as we began to pull out Monk and the others behind us. I looked out the window our new adventure starting. I smiled at the fun thought. I started to get sleepy all the sudden. I dwelt my head hit something warm so I snuggled in closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Time Skip*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
               I woke to Naru shaking me a bit. "Wake up Mai." I woke up and rubbed my eyes and saw we were at an enormous mansion. Okay, the first adventure in about a week. I smiled a huge smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that is it for this chapter! I hope you enjoyed leave a comment if you have any suggestions about names that is the only thing I lack. Sorry, I'm so late I'm really lazy and I really wanted to finish it though. I made it as long as possible. ~ Vote or favorite~ Please. (^_^)