°33. It Was Perfect

[Warning: Mature Content]

[Song: "Ana and Christian (Heavy Mellow Remix)"]

(Natalie's POV)

Flat on my stomach is how I wake up, my face resting on my left hand, and Eric's soft lips slowly trailing affectionate kisses down my spine. My eyes flutter open, getting a blurred view of the lit fireplace across the way, the orange flames being the only source of light in this dark room. How we ended up laying horizontally across his bed, I'm not sure exactly, but I do know that I'm comfortable laying here with him. I wouldn't want to wake up this morning any other way.

If there was one word to describe last night, it's perfect. Last night was absolutely perfect. I close my eyes, smiling, replaying some of those unforgettable memories in my head.

***Flashback***

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Eric asks in a whisper, pulling his lips away from mine.

I nod and give a small smile as I gently brush my fingers across his left temple. "I'm sure," I whisper back. "I want this, with you."

He breathes against my face, then leans his head down against my collarbone. "Okay," he whispers against my skin, planting a kiss there afterward. His face hovers back over mine again, and he leans down to softly kiss my lips. "Just give me a minute. I'll be right back."

Without responding, I watch as he lifts himself up off of me and crawls backwards off the bed. He walks over in the direction of the sectional, then behind it. I smile once I realize what he's actually doing. He's turning on the fireplace. How sweet and romantic is this?

As Eric quickly disappears into his master bathroom, I pull off my short pajama shorts and toss them off to the side, leaving myself in just my black panties and tank top. Soon after, he returns to the bed with a couple of items in his hand, one of them being a short strip of condoms. The other itema small, dark, curvy bottle from the look of itis what really draws out my curiosity. What could he need besides condoms?

As he crawls back on the bed in nothing but his boxer briefs, he sets the items down next to me on the sheets.

"What is that?" I ask as I reach for the small bottle. Now that I have a closer look, I see that the bottle is red and black, and it's sealed by a plastic wrap. I squint as I try to read the small print on the front, but I can't make it out, even with the distant light coming from the flames of the fireplace.

Eric takes the bottle from my hands and starts ripping off the wrapper with his teeth. "It's for you," he replies huskily, after spitting out the plastic wrap. "It's lube."

Oh. Is it, now? I can't help but feel a little excited at the thought, but at the same time, I know that I'm probably flushing. This man really does think of everythingdown to the very last detail.

Eric smirks as he looks back up at me, then grabs my face and plants a firm kiss on my lips. "I just thought I'd try to make this night special for you." Another kiss, and I welcome it eagerly, feeling the butterflies in the pit of my tummy. He is so unbelievably perfect in this moment. It feels too good to even be true.