[•39•]

WILL

I frantically run past streets, cursing myself on how late I am, I check my watch once again and swear once more.

I'm 15 minutes late.

I brush pass strangers, mumbling my apologies as they wave their fists at me, right now, I don't even care, I just need to make it up to Erica, I was the one who suggested this place anyway, it's close for the both of us to get to, but I never knew how long I really needed to get ready.

Especially since my hair decided to look like a hornet's nest.

I burst through the doors and look around, my eyes scanning quickly, only to be left with no one.

Absolutely, completely no one.

The café is deserted.

Confused, I look at the front door, but no note is there to say that it's closed. This makes me more confused.

Ever so slowly, I walk around certain tables, trying to see if any form of life was once here. Empty handed and curious, I look around the stand to see if any one's at the kitchen. Again, nobody is there.

I hear a bleep and my hands instantly fumble in my pocket and I prepare to write an apology to Erica, but to my surprise, it's 'MD' or whoever they claim themselves to be. What do they want now?

Message From Unknown

Curiosity killed the cat.

My eyebrows crease as I try to figure out what that means. I mean, I obviously have heard of the quote, but why the hell are they texting me that now?

Message From Unknown

Got stood up by Erica? No doubt bastard, she's right here.

My eyes suddenly widen and before I can do anything, my head is hit against something and I'm left seeing black.

-