Chapter 3

Seriously it gets a lot worse

Scott, Stiles and Blake trudged through the woods, searching for Scott's inhaler.

"I don't even know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball," Scott declared. "But that's not the only weird thing. I hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. I smell things."

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked.
Scott sniffed. "Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket."

"What? I don't have any mint mojito gum," Stiles said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of gum.
Mint mojito to be exact.

Blake raised her eyebrows. "So all this started with a bite?"

"What if it's like an infection? Like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something," Scott suggested.

"I think I've heard of this before," Stiles said.
"Really?" Blake asked in disbelief. Stiles nodded. "It's a specific kind of infection. I think it's called Lycanthropy."

Blake sighed and shook her head.

"What is that? Is that bad?" Scott panicked.
"Oh, it's terrible," Blake said playing along.
"It only comes once a month," Stiles added.
"Once a month?" Scott asked curiously.
Blake nodded. "On the night of a full moon."

Stiles started to howl like a wolf so Blake joined in.

Scott glared at the two before he smacked Stiles on the back of the head.
"You're the one who heard a wolf!" Stiles defended.

"There could be something seriously wrong with me," Scott declared.

"There are a lot of things wrong with you, Scott," Blake said as she patted her brother's shoulder. Blake frowned when she noticed the worry upon her twins face. She felt that it was her job to cheer him up. No matter what the situation may be. Blake felt that she couldn't smile unless her brother smiled.

"C'mon, Scott," Blake cheered as she nudged her brothers shoulder. "There's nothing to worry about. We're only having fun."

"I know!" Stiles exclaimed. "You're a werewolf!"
Blake sent Stiles a look.

"Okay, obviously I'm kidding," Stiles apologized. "But if you see me in shop trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon."

"Stiles!" Blake hissed.

"What!?" Stiles exclaimed. "I'm just trying to cheer him up. Lighten the mood. Create less tensi-"

"I get it," Blake interrupted. "And number one, you're not doing a very good job, two, that's my job, and three, we wouldn't be out here again if you hadn't brought us out to the woods in the first place."

"You know, people usually stop at two," Stiles murmured.

"No, I could've sworn this was it," Scott said as he stopped walking, causing Blake to walk into him.

"We're gonna need a set of brake lights on you, bud," Blake mumbled.
"Are you sure?" Blake asked, scanning the ground but failing to find Scott's inhaler or the other half of the body Scott found.

Scott nodded. "I saw the body, the deer came running, I dropped my inhaler."
"Maybe the killer moved the body," Stiles suggested.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler," Scott answered. "Those things are 80 bucks."

"Are you positive it was here?" Blake questioned. "I mean, every inch of these woods look exactly the same to me."

"I'm positive," Scott confirmed.