Chapter 20

Scott had dragged Blake back to school after school ended. Who does that!? No one.

Scott, Stiles and Blake stood outside in the school parking lot.
"This is a terrible idea," Stiles stated.
"Agreed!" Blake added.

"Yeah, I know," Scott agreed.
"If we are all thinking the same thing, then why are we still here?!" she exclaimed.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott questioned.
"Actually, yes, I can," Blake answered. "Sleeping, watching a movie, eating popcorn, doing homework!"

"Well, personally, I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away," Stiles declared.
"Just make sure we can get inside," Scott ordered as Stiles pulled a pair of bolt cutters from his jeep. "He's here."

Blake noticed Derek's car pull in behind her.
"Where's my boss?" Scott asked as Derek got out of the car. Earlier, Derek had knocked Deaton out at the animal clinic.
"He's in the back," Derek answered.

"Oh, well," Scott mumbled, looking into the backseat of Derek's car. "He looks comfortable."

Scott followed Stiles towards the school while Blake stayed where she was. She was nominated to stay behind with Derek because he wasn't trusted.
"Wait, hey!" Derek called. "What are you doing?"

"You said I was linked with the Alpha," Scott declared. "I'm gonna go see if you're right."

Derek huffed before watching the two teenage boys run towards the school.
Blake leaned against Stiles' jeep and her eyes glanced on Derek's car.

"Can I -"

"No."

"How did you even know what I was going to say?" Blake exclaimed.
"Because I can sense what your feeling," Derek explained. Blake furrowed her eyebrows. She still didn't know how he could tell what she was going to say.
"What was I going to say then?" Blake challenged. Derek raised his eyebrow at her.

"You were going to ask me if you could drive my car."
Blake groaned. "Why not?"

"Because," Derek replied. "The only person that drives Derek Hale's car is Derek Hale."

Blake smirked and Derek frowned as he noticed the girl's expression. "What?"

"I have the exact same motto," Blake announced. "And guess what?"

"What?" Derek shrugged.

"You drove my car," Blake reminded. Derek smirked as he knew that the girl was right.

"You're still not driving my car," Derek declared with a dead expression on his face.

"Fine," Blake sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm sorry," Blake muttered.

"For what?" Derek asked, confused by what was talking about.
"For thinking that you killed your sister," she explained. Derek remained silent.
"And I want to say thank you for helping Scott," Blake added. "Even after we sent you to jail."

"I'm not helping Scott," Derek argued. "I'm making sure he doesn't expose me and the rest of the supernatural world."

Blake pursed her lips. "And I thought you were being nice." She crossed her arms over chest and looked over at the school wondering what was taking her brother so long. "What happens if the Alpha doesn't sh-"
Blake turned back to Derek only to see him staring back at her.
"Derek?" Blake began to feel uncomfortable, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"Derek?"

Derek's shook his head. "What?"

"You were staring," Blake mumbled.