Chapter 21

Blake looked out the window to her left and froze. The alpha was sitting on the rooftop of the school and was now running towards them. Stiles grabbed her arm and pulled her down the hallway. She flinched as the window smashed and glass was scattered across the floor.

They ran down the hallway as Scott pushed them through a door on the right. Blake ran down the stairs, taking two at a time. They ran into the basement which was full of old lockers. They hid behind a few lockers. Blake could hear the alpha growling from the other side of the room. They were all breathing heavily by now.

"What?" Stiles asked after Scott peeked out from behind the lockers to look at the alpha.

"Go," Scott ordered. Blake happily followed his order, not wanting to be in the same room as the alpha, and ran into a different section of the basement.
"All right, we have to do something," Stiles announced.
"Like what?" Scott asked.

"I don't know," Stiles answered. "Kill it, hurt it, inflict mental anguish on it. Something."

Stiles glanced around the room before reaching into his pocket for his keys.
"What are you doing?" Scott questioned.

Stiles threw his keys across the room before pushing Scott and Blake back where they came from. The alpha chased them but Stiles shut the door before it could get to them.

"The desk!" Stiles ordered, putting his body against the door as he tried to keep the alpha out. "Come on, the desk."

Scott and Blake pushed the desk towards the door.
The alpha pounded on the door.
"Come on, get across," Stiles ordered Scott and Blake who were on the other side of the desk. "Come on!"

"What?" Scott asked. Scott grabbed his sister's hand before climbing over the desk. Stiles leaned closer to the door, trying to get a look at the alpha.
"What are you doing?" Scott exclaimed.

"I just wanna get a look at it," Stiles defended.
"Are you crazy?"

"Look, it's trapped, okay? It's not gonna get out," Stiles explained, looking back out at the alpha . "Yeah, that's right, we got you-"

"Shut up!" Blake interrupted him.

"I'm not scared of this thing," Stiles began. "I'm not scared of you. Right, 'cause you're in there and we're out here. You're not going any-"

Stiles was interrupted by a loud crash coming from the other side of the door.
The alpha had climbed up into the ceiling. Stiles shone his flashlight at the ceiling as tiles began to fall.

"I think we should go," Blake suggested. Stiles nodded as the three of them ran.
They started to slow down as they gained more distance from the creature.
"Wait, do you hear that?" Scott asked.

"Hear what?"

"It sounds like a phone ringing," Scott explained.
"What?" Stiles questioned.

"I know that ring," Scott stated. "It's Allison's phone."

"Can't you call her?" Blake asked.
"Phone her," Scott ordered Stiles.
He pulled out his phone and phoned Allison. It rang a few times before she answered. "Stiles?"

"No, it's me, where are you?" Scott asked.
"I'm in the school looking for you. Why weren't you at my place?"
"Where are you right now?" Scott asked her.
"On the first floor."

"Where? Where are you exactly?"
"The swimming pools."

"Get to the lobby. Go now," Scott ordered.
"Okay, okay. I'm coming."

Allison hung up and Scott guided Stiles and Blake to the lobby.
"Why did you come?" Scott asked Allison as she met them in the lobby. "What are you doing here?"