Chapter 29

"Good luck getting a signal down here," Stiles declared as Blake pulled her laptop out of Stiles jeep. Peter made them take Stiles' jeep to a quiet parking lot where no one could see them.

"I wouldn't worry about that," Peter replied as he approached his own car. He pulled the boot open and Blake had to prevent herself from gagging as the body of Peter's old nurse was crammed into Peter's boot.

"Oh my God," Blake gasped.

"Oh, WiFi," Stiles mumbled as Peter handed Blake a small device.

"Turn it on. Get connected," Peter ordered.

"You know, you're really killing the whole werewolf mystique thing here."

Peter glared at Stiles, not amused by his sense of humor.

"What happens after you find Derek?" Stiles asked after noticing the look on Peter's face.

"Shut up," Peter growled.

"You're gonna kill people, aren't you?"

"Only the responsible ones."

"Look, if we do this, you have to promise to leave Scott and Blake out of it," Stiles demanded.

Blake whipped around to face Stiles. "What? No!" Blake argued. "I am not going to let you do whatever it is you're doing alone!"

"As much as I love how protective of each other you two are," Peter began sarcastically. "I really don't have time to listen."

"Oh! And I don't care!" Peter finished.

Blake shook her head and turned back to the task at hand. She wasn't letting Stiles go through anything alone.

It was Scott, Blake and Stiles from the start and it was going to be Scott, Blake and Stiles until the end.

There was no way that one of them would let the other go through something alone. No matter what it was.

"Do you know why wolves hunt in packs?" Peter questioned, turning to Stiles. "It's because their favorite prey are too large to be brought down by one wolf alone. I need Derek and Scott. I need both of them."

"He's not gonna help you," Stiles declared.

"Oh, he will," Peter nodded. "Because it'll save Allison. And you will, because it will save Scott. And I'm pretty sure Blake will just tag along."

"I really hate how right you are," Blake mumbled. Her attention was directed to the screen on her laptop when the page refreshed and a location appeared on it.

"I think I got it!" Blake exclaimed. All three of them gathered around Blake's laptop to see where Scott's phone - and possibly Derek - was.

"Wait, what the - that's where they're keeping him?" Stiles asked. "At his own house?"

"Not at it. Under it," Peter explained. "I know exactly where that is."

Peter was cut off by a distant howl of a werewolf which only he could hear. His head jerked in the direction of which it had come from and Stiles and blame immediately caught on that he had heard something.

"And I'm not the only one," he finished. Peter quickly turned to Stiles and held his hand out. "Give me your keys."

Stiles hesitantly obeyed and handed his keys over. "Careful. She grinds in second," he advised. "So you're not gonna kill me?"

Peter curled his hand around the set of keys and bent them all in different directions making them useless.

"Oh God," Stiles muttered, taking the keys back from Peter.

"Don't you understand yet?" Peter questioned. "I'm not the bad guy here."

"You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs, and you're not the bad guy here?" Stiles scoffed.

"Whatever happened to don't judge a book by its cover?" Blake interrupted.

Stiles glared at Blake. Why was she siding with Peter? Didn't she see that he really was a monster?

Peter smiled at Blake. "You are a lot less irritating than everyone else," Peter announced.

He looked back at Stiles.

"I like you, Stiles. And I like Blake even more. Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return," Peter stated. "Do you want the bite?"

Stiles looked taken aback. "What?"

"Do you want the bite?" Peter repeated more slowly. "If it doesn't kill you - and it could - you'll become like us."

"Like you?"

Peter rolled his eyes. "Yes, a werewolf. Would you like me to draw you a picture?"

Stiles remained silent, contemplating whether or not receiving the bite would benefit him or not.

"That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl. You'd be equals. Maybe more," Peter explained. "Yes or no?"

Peter grabbed Stiles' arm and tightened his grip.
Blake thought that Stiles was going to give in to Peter but he tore his arm away and stared at Peter in disgust.

"I don't want to be like you."

Peter cocked his head to the side. "Do you know what I heard just then? Your heart beating slightly faster over the words 'I don't want.' You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself."

Peter turned to walk away but turned his head to the side. "Goodbye, Stiles. Goodbye, Blake."

Once Blake knew that Peter couldn't hear them, she turned to Stiles.

"Did you want it?" She asked quietly.

"What?"

"The bite. Did you want it?"

Stiles sighed before shaking his head. "I - I don't know."

Blake nodded. "If I were given a choice," she began. "I would probably take it."

Blake knew how much trouble Scott was going through because of the bite. But, before the bite, Scott was a nobody. He had never had a girlfriend before and he couldn't play lacrosse to save his life.

Now, not only does he have a girlfriend, but it's with the hot new girl. And not only can he play lacrosse, but he's playing first-line.

To Blake, the pros outweighed the cons.

But, Blake didn't think things through. She forgot how Scott's girlfriend was the daughter of a werewolf hunter. She forgot how Scott's girlfriend isn't exactly his girlfriend anymore. She forgot how Scott's mom would react if he found out that her son is a werewolf.
She forgot that Derek's whole family died in a fire caused by a werewolf hunter. She forgot that his uncle killed his own sister for power. She forgot that every month her brother goes crazy and tries to kill her.

"We need to get to the hospital," Stiles announced. "I need to make sure Lydia's okay."

Blake groaned as she remembered that Peter drove them here and her car was at the school. She glanced at the crippled keys in Stiles' hand and cursed.

"I guess we'll have to walk back to the school and get my car," she sighed.

Blake wants the bite! Do you think she's going to get it?

This is the second last chapter ! I honestly didn't expect this book to be so long....