Chapter 2

•Chapter 2•

I quickly sized up the guy in front of us, his smile beaming as he came forth.

His blond hair was perfectly set and his skin was summertime tanned. I watched as he smirked at Vanna, breaking eye contact with her in a simple movement and turning to stare at me instead.

I stared back, watching as his lips parted and a small twinge grew in his crystal blue orbs.

"Hello." He repeated, grinning softly in my direction.

"Goodbye Wayne." Vanna snapped, tugging at my arm as she rolled her eyes, a tiny smile on her lips.

He immediately sprung forth, stopping her mid-step.

"Savannah, hold on. Chill. I just came over to invite you guys to the Sommers' party tomorrow night. It's supposed to be hella cool." He voiced, his eyes pleading with hers as she glared at him.

"Wayne, I don't understand how you could possibly think I wouldn't know about the Sommers' party."

"I am Savannah Clark." She professed, squinting at him in disbelief as her hands sat heavily on her hips.

"And I know that, but I mean, what about your friend?" He inquired, turning toward me as I stood 5"8 in all my awkwardness.

"Me?" I mumbled, eyeing Wayne in surprise.

He nodded, an unreadable expression on his face as he awaited a different reply.

"She'll think about it, Wayne." Vanna interjected just as my voice almost croaked.

I nodded in agreement as Savannah pulled me close and we hurried to the lunch table.

"Who was that?" I asked, still a bit shocked that I'd so blatantly been invited to a party at some random kid's house by another unknown kid.

"Wayne Griffith, he was in third period Art last year and always sat in the back with Jacob Pierce and Henry Loggins." She recited, pulling out a perfect salad from a Wendy's bag along with a black plastic fork as we both took our seats in the lunchroom.

Holy...

THAT was Wayne?! Dang... Puberty did him well.. I of course always vaguely remembered him as one of the populars, but never that good looking. Now, he was pretty freakin cute.

As I pulled out my ham and cheese sandwich, I listened quietly as Vanna continued telling me more about Wayne.

"That kid's practically a brother to me considering how much time he spent at the house this summer." She chirped, but I couldn't help but zone her out as thoughts of this so-called party swirled around my brain.

Wayne Griffith.. Has just asked me to accompany him at a party..

Okay well not just me; me and Vanna, but still.. This was kinda weird.

Usually my Friday night plans consisted of a bag of sweet and salty popcorn, Peace Tea, and Real Housewives.. And now, I was going to a party?

One that would probably last all night.. That I still had to get approved by my parents.

Ugh. Damn.

I guess at this point my thoughts became clear to Savannah, considering the frown she now wore.

"Jennifer, I know what you're thinking. Stop." She demanded, a serious look on her face

"You are going to that party. I'll take care of your parents." She chuckled softly, a sly look plastered on her face.

Ohhh this kid. She could read me like a book.

"Van, I don't know about this.." I mumbled, my thoughts wavering as I glanced at her doubtfully.