Chapter 20

•Chapter 20•

I nuzzled my head further into the pillow as I drifted away from the drool spot I was now partially cognizant of. Last night was probably the best sleep I'd gotten in a while and I was still trying to reap the stalest ends of it. I guess I was in a state where I really just didn't wanna leave bed, and for all the right reasons. The covers were warm and fresh. None of my usual nightmares had bothered me, and I could feel subtle vibrations from beneath my pillow on the opposite side of the bed which only made me sleep more as I smiled.

Oh sleep.

Probably the most thoughtful gift God has ever bestowed on man taken for granted by th-

Wait.

What?

Wait, why the fuck are vibrations coming from my pillows?

Instantly my eyes shot open as I ripped the covers off and found my phone vibrating, the alarm having been turned from Loud - the tone I distinctly remember putting it on- to Silent. Along with that surprise, more seemed to follow as my eyes almost bulged at the time.

7:25 am

I groaned in agony as I dragged myself out of bed and straight to the bathroom. Stripping, I turned the hot water of the shower on and began brushing my teeth. However, as I spit and rinsed, I was met with a hard realization.

"Danny!" I shrieked, remembering how I had graciously rented the idiot a spot on my floor last night.

Wrapping myself in a towel, I sauntered back into the room.

"Sommers, wake up!" I yelled, throwing something blindly in his direction as, once again, I was met with no response.

My parents had already left to work, and at this rate, there was no way I'd be able to take Vicki to her play date on time.

Furious, I marched to the space I'd left him to only to meet a snoring blob wrapped in a pink and black blanket, completely undisturbed on my floor. Violently, I ripped the fluffy fabric off him. He didn't flinch, refusing to stir at all. As I glared at his motionless frame, I took a moment to absorb his nature. His golden tan complemented the golden honey colored streaks in his dark hair. However in this case, his typically manicured mane was tousled into a mess of bedhead. He was crouched into fetal position with his fist touching his cheek, a light snore emanating from his lips as he laid in blue plaid boxers.

I rolled my eyes as I nudged his leg with my foot

"Sommers, get up." I snapped, nudging him harder as I was left with no reply once more. He tilted his head slightly, but beyond that, made no impression that he was planning on leaving that spot, and continued snoring.

"Are you serious?" I grunted as I bent nearer to his face.

"Get your fucking ass up, you spoiled Daddy's boy!" I exclaimed, grabbing his arm in efforts to shake him. However, the moment I touched his skin I felt a sharp hold on my wrist. I squealed as his eyes shot open and I was immediately flipped beneath him and pinned to the floor.

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." He winked as he bit his lip.

I glared at him, my temper hot as he began laughing.

"You're so fucking stupid." I spat, which only made him laugh harder.

"Hey, if anything you should be thanking me, Princess. I mean, who do you think came up with the bright idea of turning your alarm to Silent, huh? Bought you a whole extra hour of sleep" he smirked hovering over me.