Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Hmmm?" He hummed in reply to my question. I flinched as he nuzzled his head into the crevice of my collarbone, inhaling some of the marijuana  smell from his lips.

"Wayne." I trailed, shoving him as he laughed again.

"Babe!" He squealed, rolling and tumbling off my bed.

I rolled my eyes

"Wayne, what are you doing? This isn't you." I urged, getting up and standing in front of him as he struggled to pick himself off the floor.

"J-Jennn" he slurred "I-I think I have a crush on you. We should have children!" He yelled, pulling off his shirt and waving it around his head.

His blonde hair was sticking in all directions as his crystal blue eyes held a crazy stare.

I shrieked as he grabbed my body and pulled me onto the bed with him.

"Stop it!" My voice demanded

"Shhh" he whispered "I have to tell you something."

I watched him wide eyed as he came closer and quickly smelled something else. A stronger scent, the aroma more pungent than before.

Alcohol.

I allowed his hands to wrap around my waist as I waited for what he had to say. He pressed his lips close to my ear and began speaking in a low tone.

"Babe, I really just love you. Like, I love you so much. You're the best girlfriend ever and I just like holding you and being with you and being around you.."

His words literally crashed into each other, becoming somewhat incomprehensible as I listened hard to what he was trying to say. It seemed he was more drunk than high. Sadly, I failed to understand even the concept of his chatter and took in a heavy breath as I leaned my head back onto his chest. Turning on his lap, I put my hand on his forehead then stroked it through his hair. I kissed his cheek.

This wasn't Wayne.

Being cross faded? Or maybe it was and I just... never noticed.

"Wayne, I can't let you stay here." I whispered, a sorry smile on my lips as I looked up at him. His eyes grew wide and he started laughing again.

I shook my head and sighed.

"I honestly don't know what made you think it was okay to drive while under the influence or even come to my house for that matter, knowing how my parents would feel and completely disregarding the fact that I have a four year old sister running around. I'm so disappointed in you right now." I spat, getting off him and pulling my phone off my desk table.

"Put your shirt back on, I'll call you an uber."

------

As the Monday morning sun beamed through my window pane, I let out a strangled groan and dragged myself to the bathroom. After last night's occurrence, getting ready for school this morning was a drag.

I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower then looked deep into the mirror, staring hard at my reflection. My curly black hair looked somewhat undone and more carefree, but careless was more of how I felt today. Grabbing my lip liner, I re-outlined my soft brick red lips. Sighing, I took Vicki to her babysitter and then left to school.

As I trudged through the halls, I flicked through my phone. Three texts from Savannah, all of which included exclamation marks and questioned where I was. One missed call and voicemail from my mom, telling me how much her and Dad loved me and Vicki and how they'd be back in a few days (typical). And then 2 missed calls and a text from Wayne..