(1)

Ashley's POV

Today is our one day off this week from filming, Shays coming over to my house and we're going to visit the local orphanages.

I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted to adopt a child, I'm not sure what started the thought but once it had been planted it's all I could think about. Shay has been amazing through the process, which is why I have asked her to come with me, I want to find the right child, one that needs me as much as I need them. After Ryan and I broke up, I needed something to give me a focus, especially now that pretty little liars is in its final two seasons.

I woke up this morning early, I'm not an early riser, only when I'm anxious, today is a big day, I could find my son/daughter today I need to make sure that I'm prepared. I go downstairs and make coffee before taking a long hot shower. I get out and look at the time I only have an hour before shay is arriving, I pick out an outfit from my closet, I decide on black jeans, a white t-shirt, a flannel tied around my waist and a leather jacket. I look in the mirror and smile slightly, people usually are surprised by my style, especially when Hanna is so girly, I love nothing more than jeans and converse. I grab my black and white converse from the closet and a pair of socks before making my way downstairs again. I pick my phone up from its charger to find I have a text from shay 'running a bit early x', I text her back quickly 'how early is early?x', it's typical shay, we couldn't be more opposite if we tried, I guess that's why we get on so well. the text tone on my phone went off 'Well..' Her text read and then the door bell rang, I laughed to myself and pressed the button that opened the gates.

As I waited for her to come in I grabbed my wallet, car keys and picked my phone up, I opened the door just as she arrived 'shannonnnn' I said smiling as I threw my arms around her, I love shay more than anyone else, she's like my sister, we instantly became best friends and now there's hardly a day when I don't see her even for half hour.
'Hey babygirl' shay said hugging me back, she likes to think of me as her little sister even tho she's only like a year older than me. 'A year is a long time' she'll say and laugh whenever I question her. 'You ready?' She asks as I nod slightly 'as I'll ever be', she smiles at me and squeezes my hand 'you're going to be an amazing mom ash, I know it'. I pull my front door shut and shay and I make our way to my car.

As we pull up outside the first orphanage I feel my chest suddenly get tighter, shay places her hand on my knee and strokes it gently 'you're fine' she says softly as I nod slightly and take a deep breath in. So many people see me as the irresponsible one, I'm starting to wonder if adopting a child is the right thing, like that's a child, an actual person, I can't screw it up. Shay looked at me then pulled me into an awkward hug in the car 'you're not going to screw it up' 'did I say that out loud?' I asked as shay nodded and smiled slightly 'come on let's go inside'.