(5)

Shays POV

After getting off the phone with Ashley I threw on a pair of sweatpants and my converse and made my way over to her house. We live less than 10 minutes away from each other and in the same neighbourhood.

I pulled up outside Ashley's gate and before I could press the buzzer they opened and I drove in parking in my regular spot. I shut off my engine and climbed out my car grabbing my phone and my keys. As I made my way up to the door I turned round to see the pizza guy at the gate, I ran over to him and paid him taking the pizza off him 'thank you, keep the change' he smiled then left and I made my way up to the door again. I rang the bell and Ashley answered with her little shadow standing behind her legs 'pizzzaaaaaaa' she yelled and grabbed onto Ashley, I stepped inside putting the pizza on the side before pulling Ashley into a hug, I could tell by the look on her face that she was struggling, doubting herself. I released her from the hug before getting a paper plate and opening the pizza box, 'here dais', i handed her a couple of slices of her kids pizza, 'go watch some TV'. I watched her skip off the turned to my best friend who was trying to avoid my eye contact.

'Are we really playing this game?' I asked her and she looked down at the floor 'fine' I said and started to walk away 'no' she cried and threw her arms around me, I picked her up and sat at the kitchen table with her on my lap and rubbed her back. She tries to act tough but she's really just as scared as anyone else would be. A few minutes passed and I felt her take a deep breath before rubbing her eyes, I loosened my grip around her and she sat up and looked at me, I couldn't help but laugh. I took both my thumbs and wiped the mascara away from under her eyes so she didn't look like a panda anymore. She smiled slightly 'come on pizzas getting cold' she said. We both got up and grabbed the pizza boxes making our way into the living room only to find Daisy watching frozen. 'This is my favourite!' I said sitting in the chair opposite Daisy, 'mine too!' Ashley rolled her eyes before sitting next to Daisy and she kissed her head 'I love you dais', 'And I love you giraffe'.