(4)

(a/n - I don't know if I didn't upload this or if it's been deleted but here you go)

Ashley's POV

My eyelids fluttered open to find Daisy looking up at me, I smiled sleepily at her before rubbing my eyes 'hey babygirl' I rolled over and looked at my phone that read '7:34pm', I put it back on the side before wrapping my arms back around Daisy 'you hungry babe?' She nodded slightly and climbed onto my stomach laying back down, I played with her hair gently and kissed her head 'what would you like?', 'Mac and cheese' she whispered and I nodded 'alright munchkin', slowly I sat up holding her to my chest as she wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I made my way downstairs sitting her on the counter as I made her dinner. She swung her legs and sung along to the radio which had been playing the whole day. 'Do you like singing dais?' I asked turning my head towards her, she nodded and looked up at me 'mommy used to sing with me all the time', she looked back down at her feet. I bit my lip and made my way over to her, 'do you wanna tell me about your mommy?', I asked her quietly, she looked at me then back at the ground 'you don't have too baby' I said stroking her knee 'I want too but mommy will be mad at me', 'why will your mommy be mad baby?' I leaned against the table opposite her 'because she thinks that I love you more than her but you're nice to me and mommy wasn't always nice to me'. My eyes filled with tears as I lifted Daisy off the counter onto her lap 'dais I promise I'm always going to be nice to you, your mommy will always be your mommy, but now I'm here to make sure that nothing bad happens to you okay?' Daisy nodded wrapping her arms around me and we stayed hugging for a while. 'Something's burning' Daisy said crinkling her nose. I jumped up 'the pasta' I held on my hip and pulled the pan off the heat 'sorry Dais', she was giggling playing with my hair 'that's okay, we can have pizza', 'oh can we now monkey?' I laugh and take her over to the couch and start tickling her 'noooo' she laughs kicking her legs, I pick her up and give her a big cuddle. 'I love you monkey', 'and I love you giraffe' she giggles kissing my cheek 'giraffe?' I ask her and she nods 'cause you're tall and beautiful' I laugh and throw her in the air then catch her 'and you're small and gorgeous and cute'.
I fell into the couch with Daisy in my lap 'when can we see Shannon?', 'we're seeing her tomorrow when I have to work but I can call her to see if she can come over now?' I look at her and she nods. I pick up my phone and dial shays number handing the phone to Daisy

S - shay D - Daisy

S - benzooooo
D - it's Daisy
S - hey little one how are you?
D - good, mo- Giraffe burnt my Mac and cheese so we're gonna get pizza
S - (she laughs) well giraffe is very silly, but pizza sounds good
D - can you come over?
S - sure I can, can I speak to Ashley?
D - okay

Daisy passes the phone to me 'she wants to talk to you giraffe'

S - shay A - Ashley

A - buttahhh
S - supppp. How's it going?
A - good, she's a monkey
S - you know she's calling you giraffe?
A - yeah I know, it's cause I'm calling her monkey, so can you come over?
S - are you sure? I mean I thought you'd want a night alone with her
A - she asked if you could come, and I want you to come
S - I'll be right over munchkin
A - thanks, I love you
S - I love you too

I hung up the phone and turned to Daisy who was waiting eagerly 'she's coming over', 'yay!' She said loudly and smiled. Did she enjoy shays company more than mine? I mean who would blame her? Shays a lot more motherly than I am.