(21)

Ashley's POV

Finally we arrived home, McDonald's in shays arms as we made our way inside. Daisy seemed very calm about the whole ordeal happily munching on her nuggets. I didn't want to upset her but I needed to know what happened.

'Dais' I said softly playing with a piece of her hair
'Yes mom?' She said with a mouthful of fries
'Are you okay?' She looked up at me before looking away and nodding slightly
'You can tell me if you're not dais, I'm not gonna be mad'
She shrugged before taking another bite of her nugget 'I'm okay' she said a little quieter than before.
I decided not to push her on the subject, giving her a kiss on her forehead before continuing with my own McDonald's.

Shay was working late tonight and had gone back to work once she'd dropped us home so it was just Daisy and I.
We finished our McDonald's in silence, just the background noise of the tv, we were watching frozen again. She sang along to all the songs under her breath before scooting over into my lap.
Wrapping my arms around her I kissed her forehead again. 'I love you so much daisy' I whispered to her playing with her hair. 'And I love you mommy' she said cuddling into me. Finally I had my baby back. 

Daisy's POV

Mommy and I watched a movie and cuddled. It was like old times, when shay wasn't around. I love shay but I love mommy and Daisy time more.

'Come on dais, bath time' mommy said as I looked up at her.
'Please mom, I don't want to have a bath today' I said, giving her puppy dog eyes.
'Nope come on princess' she said as she picked me up carrying me up to the bathroom.

Ashley's POV

I carried Daisy up to the bathroom and started running the bath. I took her hair out of the pigtails it had been in and gently brushed it out for her.

After that she took her shirt off and it was only then I noticed the redness all over her arms and stomach.

'Dais what is all this?' I said moving closer so I could take a better look. A combination of scratches and bruises were forming all over her tiny body. Tears filled my eyes as I took off her pants to reveal even more.

'Daisy' I said running my fingers over them. I looked up at her to see tears falling down her face 'mommy I lied they hurt me' she cried and threw her arms around my neck sobbing into my shoulder.

All I could do at that moment was hold my daughter as close as I could so she knew she was safe. after a couple of minutes I gently let go of her, only to undress myself before picking her up and climbing into the bath with her.
She lay her head on my chest and grabbed a piece of my hair sucking her thumb. I rubbed her back gently as I kissed her head.

'Mommy's here baby'
'I got you'
'You're safe now'

I whispered gently to her until eventually she fell to sleep. I stayed in the bath for a little longer before picking her up carefully and getting out. I laid her on the bed before pulling on some pyjamas for her before getting myself dressed and climbing into bed next to her. She immediately found her position holding my hair again and it wasn't long before I drifted off to sleep.

A/N - guys I'm so sorry. I've been reading trials and tribulations at every spare minute I've had. I'm so emotionally invested in that book.