Day 32- Sally

Nine of hearts- slave for a day for 4hrs

Sally's POV

We had made it surprisingly, we had escaped and managed to stay undercover despite the house being a measly few miles away. Ecstatic was the only word I could use to describe the bubbling feeling which coursed through my veins. Whether anyone believed us didn't matter because somehow, as a group of strangers, we had beaten the system. Smiling smugly to myself I woke up Scarlett who was sleeping next to me- already we had become good friends.

Scarlett was very alike me and I found comfort in that. Hannah and Ava were too headstrong and powerful for me to feel completely at ease with, it was such a shame that they didn't get on because with two brilliant minds we could have done so much more in the time. That left Jen, the outsider I suppose. So quiet yet so observant, her eyes always wandering as we walked or talked. Always looking.

I tended to the dying fire with some dry sticks and sat on a log whilst thinking; the silence gave me a nice time to just relax and think silly things. The silence in the cells had only given you time to think about one thing- escape.

"Morning," chirped Hannah as she sat on the log next to me, cracking her knuckles. Smiling at her we both stared into the trees as the others woke up from a good nights sleep; the forest floor had been so much more comfortable than the cell's cold, dank floor.

"So plans for today?" I asked, wanting to get straight into it. The closer we got into civilisation, the quicker we could go home and be safe again.

"Going to the police where we'll be questioned and then probably staying at the station," Ava said as she dusted herself off, standing in the middle of the clearing. The golden sun made her skin glow and her eyes sparkle, there was no denying that she was beautiful.

Placing a card down just in case 'they' came that way we left our little camp with the fire still burning. It was only really a pile of smouldering ashes. As always, Ava led the little escapade which bothered nobody except Hannah who couldn't deal with Ava's superiority which honestly didn't bother me. She had every reason to be more powerful than us and treat us as lower, she had got us out of the hellhole after all.

Walking beside me was a bubbly Scarlett who couldn't get rid of her smile despite her best efforts to; we couldn't exactly go inside the police station claiming to have gone through hell with smiling faces.

"Hey, how did you escape?" I asked curiously, we hadn't really had this discussion yet despite everyone's queries beforehand. Scarlett paused for a minute like she was remembering a distant memory; I had that too, it was like the further we got away from the house the more foggy the memories.

"Well that blonde guard was on duty and let me go straight after I pressed the button. Nothing to it really, I was there first and pushed the window open before going inside. What about you?" she had it easy unlike the rest of us. Her guard was in with our little plan, he was our supplier.

"I said that I had hurt my ankle and he came in straight away. I made a run for it , slamming the door on him and never looked back. It felt good, like a big middle finger to him for leading me on you know?" I said passionately as I remembered it all so vividly. His expression was priceless, a mix of shock and horror and then anger. But it was like comical anger. Laughing to myself, we caught up with the group that were now much further away from us. None of them were talking, they didn't really get on. Not like me and Scarlett.

After two hours, we began to see the rooftops of the place we were going to and I would have screamed if I wasn't so scared of being caught last minute and taken away. We all did our silent victory dances and Ava pushed us all forward until we were standing on an actual path, an actual footpath. It was such a small thing but it brought tears to my eyes- we were back in reality. The other girls looked at their feet for a bit before walking forward in awe. I couldn't stop blubbering till we reached the police station which took all our breathes away.