Chapter 16: Shattered Perfection

So, I was trying to do some research on where Dimitri is from and well...did anybody else know Baia is not a real place? Because I sure thought it was. Also, the Russian food mentioned in this chapter was extremely hard to research but I tried to do my best. Another thing is you do get a slight update on Dimitri's sisters in this chapter. You'll notice that they have had a lot of children since Richelle's book lol. If you remember Paul and Zoya from the novel then you'll know that Paul is in his twenties now and Zoya is a teenager and Sonya had been pregnant back then so she too does have a daughter around Alana's age. Now like I said before we will see the Belikovs in this story or the sequel...most likely the sequel. Yeva is not dead but rather old but then again dhampirs and Moroi age gracefully if I remember correctly. Also here's your chance to offer insight into the story. Seeing as Sonya and Karoline have had more children this your chance to help me in the naming process. Now I am undecided at the time about how many kids each sister now has but I do know their family has grown. So here we go. Let's see if you all really do read these Author's Notes. I need names...particularly Russian names. I try and choose somewhat unique names for any story I write so that's a plus. I have some in mind but am not sure if they will be used. Now I'm not saying that every single name you all offer will be used but it will be helpful in the naming process. As for Lissa's twins...well the names have already been picked for them and they are a secret :) Though I am curious...what sex would you like the twins to be? As for those who have not read the Bloodlines series, I advise you to read it. The Bloodlines series will be present in the sequel and so will some of those characters. So, if you plan on following this story I'd advice you to at least get to know the characters in that novel. I had my friend take a look at this story and she said that it gets rather confusing with all the characters but that also could be because she hasn't read the series. In that case I also need to know if you would all like character bios on the characters in this story. I will not lie...a lot of characters have already been brought in but I have a lot more to bring in as well. From looking at this story I had planned to write it all in one story but then so many new ideas and plots came to mind that it would not do. If things go as planned there should be about 4 other stories to this one in the future...heck maybe more. A lot of you have mentioned how Alana and Eric's relationship seems so much like Rose and Dimitri's and well...that's the point. Expect to see a lot of similarities to the original VA cast. Like for example Alana is a double of Rose and Leila is probably most inspired by Mia, Lissa and Jill. Asher is just like Mason and so on. Though each of them are different in many ways as well though expect to see many more similarities. And for all those Jill lovers...I love Jill I do but if you notice she is just like her mother as well. No matter what don't judge her. She is a major piece to this story as well. Heck, each character is. Another thing is PLEASE comment. I will hold my chapters ransom without comments :p Jk jk...though I am considering it. Also check out and add butterfly_kiss...that is me and I have posted this fanfic there as well. Okay okay enough with my rant...here's chapter 16. Enjoy! :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own VA, it's all Richelle Meads. I do however own the storyline presented in this FanFiction and the made up characters including:

Chapter Sixteen: Shattered Perfection

Alana POV

As Friday night approached my nerves were shot. Tonight was my dinner with Dimitri and I was nervous. What if he didn't like me? I wanted his approval. I wanted my father to like me. I pushed those thoughts away. I couldn't even think like that or I would back out of this dinner. Which was very unlike a Hathaway.

I gazed at myself again in the floor length mirror. I had dark skin tones that I had aquired from both of my parents and my hair was just like my moms. It was long and flowing and the brown tendrils hung down my back. I had decided to just leave it down. It wasn't like I was going on a date or anything. My face also held traces of both my parents and my eyes resembled my fathers so much that it was eerily weird. I hadn't bothered with any makeup either. I had decided on wearing a black sundress to dinner. It was a rather warm night but whether that was because of my nerves or the actual temperature I had no idea.