Chapter 26: Sixteen Candles

Not sure if it has ever been mentioned before. Mila’s full name is Mileena. I cannot recall if it was something different or not or if it was ever mentioned before.

Chapter 26: Sixteen Candles

*Two Days Later*

Alana POV

It was hard to believe that two days had passed since everything. Two days and now it was my birthday. Yet, I didn’t feel much like talking or celebrating.

Whether it was shock or just plain guilt I would never know. Asher hadn’t spoken to me since out return. He had kept his distance and I felt guilty. I knew he knew about my feelings towards Eric.

And there was the next thing. Eric had also kept his distance. Much to my displeasure, my training continued with him. Dimitri and my mom had basically said there was no more slacking off. That after what had happened I needed to be prepared. I was still waiting for my punishment to be dished out but it hadn’t. My mom had been busy trying to clean up the mess and track down the strigoi that had escaped. And Dimitri had been busy trying to put Viktoria’s life back on track.

It turned out that Aleksei…or Nikolei…really was Ivan’s father. Which meant that Aunt Viktoria had been a little bit shocked to see her past love as a monster.

The reality for her had become even worse when it was revealed what he had done to Charlotte.

But it had struck Ivan hard too. Apparently in their time away or whatever Nora and Ivan had become a couple. But since our return Ivan had shut her out.  He had shut everyone out as he remained locked away in his room.

Mila had also been shaken up. Charlotte had not woken up yet and Mila hadn’t left her bedside once.

Leila had been a bit jumpy too but I think that had more to do with the fact that her wedding had been pushed up once again. Veronica Voda was a menace and had chosen a spectacular time to torment her daughter once more.

And me?

Well I had received knowledge that I would be receiving my molnija marks tomorrow morning. It was so odd. I was not yet a guardian and already I would experience those marks forever on my skin. I sighed and stared at the plate of eggs that were in front of me. Since my mother was so busy with work right now, she didn’t want me to be alone. So I had been staying at Aunt Lissa’s and Uncle Christian’s place. Though Lissa was not around either, Christian had taken it upon himself to make sure Andre and I went to class and came straight back. Everyone was on edge after the kidnapping.

I finished my plate of eggs, or at least tried to, before standing up and letting my hair escape the hair tie.

Uncle Christian turned around from the stove and spoke, “No classes today Alana. Your mom wants you to take it easy since it is your birthday.”