Chapter 25 Part One

The day of the war

Your POV

I yawn as I open my eyes. I look at Enderlox who is still sleeping soundly hugging his pillow smiling. I sigh and get up. I look at the time seeing it's only six in the morning. I have three hours before the war. The day has come. I could possibly be harmed and hurt or even killed. Though I'm sure Enderlox won't even let a scratch get to my skin. Because, well, he's very protective.

I go to the bathroom quickly to just do something quickly (get where this is going?). I get changed quickly before heading to the kitchen. Leaving my bracelet off I grab an apple to eat and I head out the door. Quickly I eat the apple, chucking the apple core somewhere before spreading my dragon wings and flying up out of the forest.

We are actually going to war. Against Sky Army and some people from Dead army. Where I've worked as a night guard since I became a teen. I fly quickly towards the base keeping against the cloud line but a bit lower. I see someone looking up at me waving and I instantly know it's Alison.

I fold my wings and dive down. I open my wings again just before I hit the ground landing behind a tree. She runs up to me in her armour. "(Y/n)." She says happily. Her voice changes to be stern. "Why are you flying around like this. You could be seen. You know how we are rare hybrids and could be killed. We could be captured and have research done on us. Plus Enderlox could be anywhere."

"Slow down. I know we could be seen and I know what could happen to us if someone found out about us. And I know Enderlox could be watching us but he will only be attacking people in the war today, I'm sure." I say.

Alison smiles. "Well you should get ready. The war is very soon, only a few hours away.." She says but I cut her off.
"I'm sorry Alison but I can't go into the war. My fiancé is protective over me and he doesn't want me to risk it." I half lie. "But I know you'll do great out there. Use your bow, you are very skilled with it. And if if something goes really wrong take off your bracelet. Only in an emergency though."

"Ok and promise me that when the war is over I get to meet your fiancé." She says teasingly making me laugh.
"I already promised you that. Now don't die on me out there, ok?"
"I will try my hardest." She smiles before giving me a hug which I return. We stand there for a few minutes before we pull away.

"I'd better get going." I announce. "See you after."
"See you then." She says back before turning and walking towards the base. I sigh and fly towards our home.

Enderloxs POV

I wake up and find myself hugging my pillow. Why was I hugging my pillow? I look next to me to see (y/n) not there. She might be making breakfast for us. I smile. Today's the day I get my revenge on Sky. I can't wait to grab him, yell at him for a bit then get my claws and.. Yeah I should stop thinking about it and just wait till I can actually do it in the war.

I get up and go have a shower before I go down stairs to find.. No one. She isn't here and she didn't leave a note to say where she is. Confused I look for her for a bit but I don't find her. Giving up I think to myself that she's just out in the forest spending time to herself.

My stomach growls hungrily. I hesitate to go out and kill something knowing I will get something to eat later in the war but at the same time I need to eat. Maybe something small won't hurt.

I fly out of the house and into my forest. I fly around trying to find a small meal. My mouth waters for the taste of blood. I can taste it already. Then I hear noises. Quiet noises not far from where I am. I continue to fly forward until I find it. Two chickens wandering around lazily. They don't know what's coming.

I pounce on them crushing them instantly. I pick up the first one that I had squashed to deaf and I ate it. I grabbed the other and did the same spitting out any bones. That was tasty.

Bones. Bones. Tree. I think to myself when the thought of my tree comes to mind. And inside I have Jerome's helmet. I could use it in the war for just some extra protection. Yeah that'll work.

I grab the helmet and fly back home with the helmet on, there I am greeted by (y/n). She smiles when she sees me but it turns to a frown. "What is it? Why are you frowning?" I ask.
"First of all, you are wearing Jerome's helmet, and second of all, I can see blood around your lips. What were you doing?" She asks.

I quickly wipe the blood off. "Tell me." She demands.
"I was just hungry. I went out and killed some animals but that's all, I promise." I say putting my hands up.
"Ok I just don't want you killing anyone before the war today. And I'm fine with the helmet by the way." She says kindly.

I smile and sit on the couch. She sits down next to me and I wrap my tail around her pulling her close. "I love you." I say smiling down at her smaller figure. She isn't that smaller in size then me but if you count my wings I'm much taller. I give her a kiss on the lips and she smiles.
"I love you too."

"We should be getting ready." I say to her. She sighs. I unwrap my tail from around her.
"I will go get my weapons." She says and stands up heading to the supply cupboard where she has her weapons. I get up from the couch and really just stand there. I'm just waiting for when we go out to war against Sky and his army.

(Y/n) comes back out carrying her bow, quiver, and sword. She places them down and begins to attach the quiver and sword in its sheath to her belt. While she's doing that I pick up her bow. It looks amazing. If you look at it it looks likes a normal bow painted a very pale light blue. I look closely and see it has white and light blue engravings in the bow.

"Nice bow." I say studying it some more. "But what are these markings on it? Did you do those?"
"Thanks. I didn't make those markings no. The reason they are there is because my bow is special. When I'm in my ice dragon hybrid form and I shoot and arrow the arrow becomes really dangerous. It freezes whatever it lands on. And you remember how good I am with a bow right?" She says finishing off with putting the quiver on her belt.

I nod. "Well I've gotten much better. So just watch out when I'm using it ok." She says and I hand her bow to her. She smiles and takes it. "Can I demonstrate?" She says getting and arrow out of her quiver.
"Ok just not on me please and not inside." I say worrying she might shoot me.
"I'm not going to shoot you. Let's go outside then."

We go outside and she puts the arrow into the bow. She pulls back the string and she seems to be aiming at something. She let's go and I watch as the arrow flys threw the trees. I look at her confused. She missed. "You missed." I say.
"No, I never miss. Come with me." She spreads her wings and flys threw the forest holding her bow. I follow close behind.

Then we reach it. There in front if a tree is a cow frozen in place with an arrow in its side. I touch the cow and I feel it's covered in a thin layer of ice. "Woah." I simply say.
"Like I said, I never miss." She say and pulls the arrow out putting it away.

The amount of times when writing '(y/n)' and I almost right my name. Nearly every time.

And you may be wondering why I'm updating on a Saturday, right. Well since I have to update part on and part two ones going to be today and one on Sunday. This is how it's going to be with each chapter with two parts. So yeah. Get ready for the next part.

Vote, comment, follow me to join the flock today and and keep on chirpin my birds. Byee :D

I HAVE A NEW DESK, WOO!