Chapter 49 -ENDING-

Yes guys, it's the ending. I tried to make this make the most sense as possible, but I hope you guys enjoy the last chapter :3

Your POV

Wind rushed past us as we rode from Sky Army to Dead Army. For Enderlox saying he hadn't ridden in years, he's pretty good. And we aren't going too fast, just fast enough so we get there in time, which I don't know when that is. It looks as if it's ten in the morning, sunlight beaming down on us.

Our twins are strapped to me in those carry pouches that you can get, both fast asleep. They look so cute. Little wings and tails, their small hands and feet. They both even have a little bit of hair on their heads. Just adorable.

"Hey Endy." I said to my lover who is in front of me, riding the horse.
"Yes Sweetie, you ok?" he asked. He didn't look back at me but I know he's concentrating.
"So, you're leaving the army?" I asked.
He nodded. "Yes I am. I have you and the kids now. I'd rather look after our family than thousands of people I hardly know."

I smiled, holding onto him tighter. "This is why I love you. You'd do anything for the people you love."
"Hey!" Sky called out to us from his horse. I shook my head and laughed.
"Not you Sky, you're too late for that." I commented and Enderlox laughed.
"I know, I just. Never mind."

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. For the next half an hour we rode in silence, my heart began beating faster and faster, the more we approached the army base. I'm worried that something will go wrong when we get there with us. What if they see that the twins are hybrids? They could kill them, or what if they figure out we are hybrids. What if-

"Hey (y/n), don't stress about those things. If they find out I will protect us." Enderlox said. How did he do that?
He chuckled. "I can read minds, remember?"
"Oh yeah." I actually forgot he could read minds.
"Well guys, we are just about there." Sky called out.

Sure enough the base had fully come into view, guards at the east gates standing there in their uniform holding their swords. They look as if they are talking to each other, probably enjoying themselves, but I really don't know on a day like this, at the army base.

We stopped our horses just in front of the gates. Enderlox had to settle his horse to not throw us off. "Deadlox, is that you?" One of the guards on duty asked, looking at us with wide eyes. He looked towards them, sliding off the horse.
"It seems it is me, yes." He replied, then turned to me. He held his arms out.

"Come on (y/n), I'll catch you." I smiled and slid off the horse, making sure the twins wouldn't slip out and being caught by Enderlox as I slipped a bit.
"(Y/n)? Where have you been?" One of the guards asked me. All the guards here know each other, so it's no surprise really that they know my name. Though I don't talk to many of the day guards, except Alison and Jason obviously.

I sighed with a smile and looked at our twins. "I was just waiting for these two to come out."
"Well congratulations." The other guard said with a smile.
"Just wow, deadlox, you're really back. And hello Sky, glad he's back?"

Enderlox stood next to me and held my hand. I blushed, not having my hand held like this in public before. Sky looked at them. "We aren't together anymore, he has found someone else." I blushed deeply. "And we need to be getting to the gathering, that's where Keith is right?"
The guards nodded. "Yes, he'll be starting it any minute now."

With that we headed into the base. I held hands with Enderlox so hopefully no one would ask about him and Sky. The base is quiet, some people wondering around, but not too many. We stopped for a second since the twins had woken up from the little nap they had. I took them out of their carry pouch and gave (d/n) in her pink blanket to Enderlox, while I held (s/n).