Chapter 4: Minnie Mouse

His mother explained her flight details so that he can fetch her up when she came. This mama's boy was really excited to see his mother, who was an American citizen and seemed to be attached to America forever, since they migrated there when he was still a little boy. In fact, he went back to the Philippines with his father so he could take care of Julia, who was only 5 years old back then. Gerald's eyes was sparkling throughout the rest of the talking, and so he cleared his schedule for that day. The call ended, leaving a smile on his face, so he decided to treat his friends' dinner.

"Hey Sarah!" Laida's father greeted her as she entered their house. Mr. Richard Geronimo was busy watching a movie, but he still managed to kiss her daughter.

"Hi Daddy!" She hugged him.

"So, how's Twilight?" He lead his daughter to sit on the sofa.

"Fine, daddy!" She said with jolliness. "You read the newspaper?"

"Yes!" He messed up her hair. "I'm so proud of you, baby girl! You really deserve that position. Your mother must be proud of you."

She nodded. "Oh dad. Speaking of mom, did she call you already? Yesterday was our family day, but she didn't even chat or texted me."

He raised his shoulders. "I don't know either. Maybe she's just busy doing some things there."

"Maybe." She nodded. "But she set some time for us even though she's busy. Maybe something happened."

"Hush! Don't say that baby girl. Maybe that one is very important. She'll explain as soon as she have time."

She nodded. She understood her mother no matter what. She went up to her room to change her clothes and prepare for dinner. She wore her Minnie Mouse pajamas, which really emphasizes that she really looks like everyone's baby girl. She passed through her giant walk-in closet mirror and looked at herself. She looked at her curves, then she looked at the Minnie Mouse at her chest.

"Minnie..." She remembered something, so she immediately rushed to her locker, located at the very end of the closet. She opened it and saw some things from her past. She kept it for memories, but those things only remain as memories and she never have plans in having those back. She's happy with her life now.

She searched for any Minnie Mouse watch on her locker, while reminiscing the story behind that watch.

"Baby girl!"

Sarah looked back at her boyfriend Riq, while she was walking across the garden towards the park's playground. He looked very tired with those sweat all over his face. She removed her earphones. "Oh, bakit?"

"Kanina pa kita tinatawag di mo ko pinapansin." He said while getting close to her.

"Sorry ha. Nakaearphones po kasi ako." She said in a serious tone.

"Baby girl." He held her hands but she looked away. "Galit ka ba?," He said in a calm way.

"Ano ba kasing kailangan mo?" She said without looking straight at him. She looked at hus Mickey Mouse watch.

He smiled. "Dahil mamimiss mo ko pag alis ko?"

She can't find the words to say so she remained quiet.

"Hay nako naman baby girl." He ungripped her hands and got something on his pocket. He got a Minnie Mouse watch. He gets her right hand and put it on her wrist. "Baby girl, I know it's hard for you na aalis na ako at babalik sa US. Sa akin din, mahirap yun. I can't leave the love of my life na nandito sa Pilipinas while million miles separate us. Dahil next week na yumg flight ko," He held her hands and looked at her watch. "I want to give you this watch. Watch means time. Time for us. Sana sa times na makita mo ito maaalala mo ako kahit malayo na tayo sa isa't isa. At sa time ko na lang ihahabilin ang panahon na magkikita tayong dalawa at mamumuhay ng masaya. Dahil kung tayo talaga," He looked at her eyes, which was looking intently at him. "Tayo talaga." He smiled.