Chapter 14: The Reunion

“RULE #4, Never truly be in love with me.”  She said seriously.

It was the only way. Laida is truly falling for Riq again. But she doesn’t want to push her feelings anymore. She hates Gerald, though she loves Riq. But Riq is just a part of the past, and Gerald is unchangeable. She doesn’t want to fall for her forever enemy.

“O-Of course!” He said, smiling fakely. “After all, this whole thing is FAKE. Kaya wag ka na ring umasa na magkakagusto ako sa’yo.”

Laida flashed a fake smile, too, though inside she was hurt. “Dapat lang ‘no. Wag kang mag-alala, the feeling is mutual.”

“GOOD.” Then he went down his vehicle.

She breathes hard now that she is all alone in the car. She wants this day to end. In fact, she wants the whole pretending thing to finish. She really hates how she falls for Riq, how she reminisces the pain he gave, and how the breakup moment of them has affected her.

Meanwhile, Gerald went on the back of his car to get something from his bag. He sprayed some perfume all over his body to somehow impress Laida and his other high school classmates. But he can’t help his mind to think about what Laida said.

“Rule #4: Never truly be inlove with me.”

“Rule #4: Neer truly be inlove with me.”

As Riq, he was hurt. It pierced his heart. But he encouraged himself not to be affected on that statement. In fact, you’re Gerald. You’re not Riq anymore.

He approached her door, knowing she was not yet going out. He opened her door and gave a helping hand.

It surprised her. She kept on chanting “Iturn off mo ko Gerald.” to herself because she wanted to push him away by his ways. But what he did now is a major turn on. Control Sarah. Control.