8

Seokmin's POV

A few weeks went by and I haven't said a word to (y/n) about the smoothie incident and neither did she. I started to avoid Mae after that. Every time she came up to me or tried to talk to me, being the nice person I am, I talked with her, but I tried to keep it short so we could hurry and be done. If I saw her in the hallway, I would go around without her seeing me or I would go another way. I haven't seen Mae do anything to (y/n) since then. But even though I try to avoid her, I also try to keep a close eye on Mae to make sure she doesn't do anything like that to (y/n) again. Sophia also keeps bringing up that  subject whenever we're alone. I told her that I don't want to talk about it anymore, but she keeps insisting that I have to acknowledge my feelings. I have, maybe, I'm just scared to express them.

2nd Person POV

The past few weeks, Mae's just been doing what she does best: Playing stupid, chasing after Seokmin, and trying to threaten you. Seokmin's also been acting a little weird. Every time you're around each other, which is pretty much 24/7, he acts like he's nervous or something. You never confronted him though. Right now, you were sitting in your math class trying to do a worksheet when Mae kept trying to get your attention. You ignored her an continued to do your work  A minute later, you got a text. 

'Meet me after school in the garden.' Mae's text read. You rolled your eyes.

 'Why, so you can confess to me?' The garden is usually where the school's couples hang out. 

'Haha, just do it.' You could almost hear her sarcasm. You figured you would see what Mae wants, so you went to the garden, seeing Mae sitting on the bench with Marie and Mina. You swear they're conjoined triplets. 

"What do you want Mae?" You asked. She got up and walked to you, leaving her clique behind her. 

"What did you say to Seokmin?" She asked crossing her arms. 

"What do you mean?" 

"He's been trying to avoid me. You had something to do with it, didn't you?"  

"No, he's probably just tired of you bothering him." You said, sighing because you want to leave. She scoffed. 

"Do you like him?" She asked. You froze. You wanted to say no, but you didn't. Honestly, you don't know, you've never really thought about it. She started smirking. 

"Oh my god, you do, don't you? So that's why you always told me to leave him alone." She started laughing. She started walking closer to you. 

"Look, I saw you together at the restaurant a while ago, and I saw you both go into Sophia's house. I mean, I don't care if you like him. I like a little competition, it makes things fun. But I don't think it will last long, we both know who will win in the end." She patted the top of your head and you swatted her hand away. "See you tomorrow." She fake smiled, then frowned and walked away with her posse. "But one more thing," She turned around. "If I were you, I wouldn't spend all my time worrying about me. How about checking your bestie? She seems to have taken a liking to him too, just so you know." 

You stood there trying to process what just happened. 'Why would she bring Sophia into this? What does she have to do with anything?' 

You thought about all those times you saw them talking, sitting really close. You couldn't tell if they liked each other, or if they were just telling, keeping secrets. Either way, why wouldn't they tell you anything? You shook your head then walked to your car where Seokmin was waiting for you. He seemed a little out of breath.

 "Sorry I took a while, I had something to take care of." 

The ride home was quiet. You did your homework by yourself, and your family ate dinner in silence. After dinner, you took a shower and put your pajamas on. You sat on your bed, music playing softly from your laptop. You were glad it was Friday so you could have time to wrap your head around everything that's going on. You got a little frustrated, so you turned your music off. As you laid back on your bed, you thought you were going crazy because you still heard music. You got up and went back to your laptop. 

'It's paused, then what is that heavenly noise?' You listened for a second and it sounded like it was coming from the room next door. You went into the hallway and walked the 5 steps to Seokmin's room. You put your ear against the door and heard singing. 'Is that him?' You didn't realize the door was slightly cracked, so when you leaned on it, it flew open and you fell to the floor. The singing stopped and Seokmin looked at you. You quickly stood up and fixed your clothes. 

"S-sorry." You said. "I tripped." You cleared your throat. "Well, uh, I'll leave." As you were walking out, you stopped in your tracks. "Seokmin?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Was that you singing?" You asked. He smiled sheepishly and blushed. 

"Oh, you heard that?" He asked. "I was just messing around. I'm not even-" 

"You were good, great actually." You said quietly. 

"You think so?" He asked. You nodded. 

"Can I hear again?" You asked. He kept smiling. 

"Well, if you want to." You closed the door and sat on his bed next to him. You could tell he was a little nervous, so you patted his shoulder. 

"I'm not here to judge, I just want to hear that heavenly voice again. Pretend I'm not even here." You blushed. 'Whoa, (y/n), where did you get the courage to say something like that?'

 Seokmin blushed and cleared his throat. Once he started singing, you smiled. You laid back, staring at the ceiling while listening to the song in Korean. You didn't know what song it was, but you liked it. It was pretty late, and you didn't realize you were starting to make yourself comfortable. Before you knew it, you fell asleep to the lullaby that was Seokmin's voice.

Seokmin's POV

After school, I went to go to (y/n)'s car, but I saw her and Mae in the garden. I got curious, so I stopped and eavesdropped. I know it was wrong, but I couldn't help it. 

"Do you like Seokmin?" As soon as I head that, my ears perked. My heart was pounding, waiting for her answer. Mae started laughing. "Oh my god, you do, don't you?" 

Why didn't she answer? Was there something wrong with me? I was too busy thinking about that, I didn't pay attention to anything after. I saw Mae coming back inside the building, so I hurried and ran back to the car. I tried catching my breath when I saw (y/n) coming out. Later that night, I was in my room and started singing randomly. I didn't think I had an audience until (y/n) practically fell into my room. I was surprised, but I thought it was cute how embarrassed she was. When she said that my singing was good, my heart fluttered. But when she asked me to sing, I got really nervous. Suddenly, she patted my shoulder and I tensed. 

"I'm not here to judge, I just want to hear that heavenly voice again. Pretend I'm not even here."

 As soon as she said that, my face couldn't have gotten more red. Once I started to sing, I loosed up. I kept singing, I didn't realize how long I was singing until I looked over and saw (y/n) sleeping next to me. I smiled and stood up from the bed. I didn't want to bother her, so I left her there and made a bed out on the couch.