16

You waited at Seokmin's bedside all night. It was nearly 7am and you didn't sleep a wink. You woke your parents to come with you, which they did, but they went back home a while ago, leaving you there. You held his hand the entire night and kept trying to talk to him but he had a concussion and was unconscious. You felt yourself nodding away for the hundredth time until you felt his hand move. You looked up with panda eyes and saw him moving his head around, his eyes still closed. He started to mumbled and you went closer. 

"S-Seokmin?" You asked quietly. You quickly went to get the nearest nurse who got the doctor and you waited a minute for him to get there. 

"Is he waking up?" He asked as he walked in. 

"I think he was." You said. Dr.Gomez walked over to Seokmin who seemed to be struggling to open his eyes. 

"Seokmin? Are you with us? Squeeze my hand." He grabbed his hand and Seokmin squeezed. He slowly started to open his eyes and he looked all around until his eyes landed on you. 

"(Y/n)?" You went to his side.

"I'm right here." 

"Seokmin, do you know what happened to you?" The doctor asked. Seokmin shook his head. "Well a witness said he saw you walking by yourself outside last night and you were crossing the street but you weren't paying attention and got hit by a car. He said you seemed to be deep in thought. Do you remember if anything was troubling you?" Seokmin thought for a second. 

"No." He said. 

"Well you hit your head pretty hard and earned a nasty cut. What was the last thing you remembered?" He asked. He thought for a second. 

"I think me and (y/n) were at a restaurant. I don't really remember being there though or why we were there. But as far as the accident, I don't remember anything." He said. 

"Alright, well do you remember what you did yesterday morning?" 

"I did what I normally do, I got up, ate breakfast with my host family, brushed my teeth, got dressed and-" He paused. You were waiting for him to say something, the last thing he does, after you two are alone. "That's it." Your heart sank. He always kisses you too, but he didn't mention that. 

"What did you have for breakfast?" 

"An omelet, sausage and toast." Dr.Gomez nodded and wrote down on his clipboard. 

"I see. (Y/n), step out with me for a moment." You and the doctor went into the hallway where Seokmin couldn't see or hear you. "Are there any moments that happened within the past few months in your home that Seokmin knows, any big events good or bad that one would always remember?" You raised an eyebrow at the weird question. 

"Well, I was kidnapped and held hostage by a psycho named Mae some months ago if you mean something like that." Dr.Gomez seemed surprised and took you back into the room. 

"Seokmin, what happened to (y/n) a few months ago?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"If I said the name Mae, would that ring a bell?" 

"Mae? Oh, what about her?" 

"Did Mae do anything to (y/n)?" 

"Well, I saw her dump her smoothie on her, but that was a long time ago." 

"Is that is?" 

"Yeah." Seokmin replied, it sounded more like a question. 

"Right, (y/n), may I see you again?" You both stepped out of the room. 

"It seems that Seokmin has lost his memory. He remembers little everyday things, but he can't seem to remember big or even traumatic events. This could be like what you said with you getting kidnapped, to winning the lottery, to even getting into a relationship." You froze. "We're not going to tell him about his memory loss. We don't want to force him to remember things because that's not good for the brain and we don't want him to try to force himself to remember either. We just have to let nature takes it's course and allow him to remember things gradually on his own. The worst that can happen is that he will never gain his memory back. With the brain, there's really no telling what will happen." 

After that discussion, the doctor said that Seokmin will remain at the hospital for a few more days then he can be released. Seokmin insisted that you went home a rested, you took him up on that offer. When you got home, you took a hot shower and contemplated. Your mind was cloudy and so many thoughts were running through. Seokmin doesn't remember ever starting to date you. Does he even remember he likes you? What were you going to do? He won't remember the dates, the kisses, the sneaking around, the giggles, nothing. It's like that whole side of his life doesn't even exist. Like you didn't exist. 

'What does it matter? He broke up with me anyway, he just doesn't remember. Ugh, I'm such a jerk! I shouldn't have left him there alone, this is all my fault.' You started crying in your bed. 'I can't tell him. I can't tell him that we dated. Even the doctor himself said not to try to make him remember things. Maybe this is a good thing. I mean, he has to leave in a few months anyway. Maybe it's best if he doesn't remember that I loved him, that way it will be easier for him to leave. Me on the other hand, it won't be easy.'