15

"Are you ready?" Seokmin asked from your bedroom door. You turned your head from your dresser and smiled. 

"Yeah, just a second." You sprayed some perfume and grabbed your purse. It's been over 6 months and after that night with Mae, you and Seokmin have grown even closer. You cleared it up with your parents that you didn't write that letter and they no longer think that you like Seokmin, even though you do. 

"So you didn't write the letter? So that means you don't like Seokmin?" She sighed in relief. "Good, because I wouldn't approve of you two dating anyway. Well that clears my conscience." 

You were heartbroken when your mom said that. You wanted to tell her the truth, but you couldn't because you were scared she would send him back home. So you kept it between you and Seokmin. You and him have been secretly dating for the past 6 months and your parents don't suspect a thing. You feel bad for keeping this from them, but you felt you had to. Right now, you and him were going in a date. You told your parents you and Seokmin were going to meet up with some friends for dinner, but it was just going to be you and him. You walked out of your room and he gave you a peck on the cheek, making you blush and giggle. 

"Stop, what if my parents caught us just now?" You asked. 

"Well they didn't, so we're good." You lightly punched him and walked downstairs. 

"We're leaving." You said to your parents who were on the couch. 

"Alright, have fun, be safe." They called, not bothering to look up. You and Seokmin went to the restaurant and sat across from each other. You and him were having a good time, talking and laughing, but something came over you. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. You sighed. 

"I'm sad." You mumbled. 

"Aw, why is my baby sad?" He asked. You shuttered at the word baby.

"Is this hard for you at all?" You asked. 

"What?" 

"This, us." You said. 

"What do you mean?" He asked slowly. 

"I mean us dating."

"Oh, I know you feel bad for keeping it from your parents, so do I, but you know-" 

"It's not that. I mean what are we gonna do after the school year is over? You go back to Korea and I'm still gonna be here." You said, looking down at your plate. He sighed. 

"It's not like I can just pack up and go with you." You said. He also looked down.

 "I don't know." He said. You eyes started to water and you sniffed. 

"I don't want you to leave me." You said. "And I don't care if I sound selfish. I-I love you." Seokmin's eyes widened. That was the first time you told him that. 

"You know you're just making it harder." He whispered. You looked up. 

"Do you not love me?" 

"It's not that, it's just you're making harder to leave. We both know that I have to, but hearing you say that, the more emotionally invested we get, the harder is for me to face the fact that I have to leave in a few months." 

"You think it's hard on you?! What about me! It's hard for me too!" You yelled, earning looks from other people. 

"I-I know, I'm sorry." You were crying by now.

"So what are you thinking?" He took a deep breath. 

"As much as I don't want to say this, I think it's best if we break up." He said. 

"W-what?" you whispered. 

"(Y/n), even you know, this is the only option. You know long distance relationships never work out. Besides, when am I going to see you again after I leave? You know it's probably not gonna happen." He said. 

"Why are you being so cruel?" You asked. 

"I'm sorry." He said. Seokmin reach over the table to grab your hand but you pulled it away. 

"No, I'm sorry for falling for you." 

You got up and went home, leaving Seokmin at the restaurant. Your parents were already in bed when you got back so they didn't ask you where Seokmin was. After you sat in your room, crying for a while, you felt kind of bad for leaving him there. You rolled your eyes at yourself and took your phone out. You hesitantly called Seokmin, but he didn't answer. You threw your phone on the bed. 

"Why am I worrying about him anyway? He was being a jerk." You crossed your arms and sighed. "Or maybe I was just being childish." You grabbed your phone and called him again, this time, there was an answer. 

"(Y/n)?" A voice asked, it wasn't Seokmin. 

"Yes, hello?" 

"Hi, this is Dr.Gomez, I was just about to call you since you are the patient's most recent contact. Do you know Seokmin Lee?" He asked. 

"Yes, why, what happened?!" You asked, panicking. 

"I'm sorry to inform you, but he's been in an accident."