Chapter 5

Sorry for the long wait, I've just been really busy with school and all. Anyway, to the chapter!
-------------------------------------------------------------

MR. DAVENPORT:

Chase and Bree have been different lately. Instead of sitting really close to each other at dinner, they sit at opposite ends of the table. I wanted to say something, but Tasha gave me a look. Let them handle it, is what her eyes said. I nodded subtlety and turned back to the mac and cheese on my plate.

"So...anyone have anything they want to share about their week?" I asked. Everyone looked at me weirdly. Well, I guess I can expect that. I rarely ever ask about the kids' lives.

"No, nothing." Chase glared at his plate.

"Bree? Adam? Leo? Got anything you would like to share?" I asked softly.

They shook their heads but then Chase said, "Didn't you have a date with Marcus, Bree?" Chase's tone was as cold as ice.

"Yeah, I did. Why?"

"Have you even called him?" I hadn't known that Bree and Marcus had gone out. But, I could understand why Chase was so distant now. We all know he likes Bree, but when is he going to make his move? I'm gonna teach him some stuff.

"No."

Chase slammed his fork down on the table, the plate clattering slightly. "Bree, that's not right." He stormed off, probably to the music room like usual.

"What's he talking about Bree?" We all had the question on our minds, but Tasha was the one to voice the question. Was this the time to do this? I thought.

"Excuse me, but I'm gonna leave now," Bree said and left the table. She headed to the same place that Chase had headed to.

"I'm gonna follow her, all right?" I got up and picked the two's plates up and brought them over to the sink.

Walking down the hall to the music room, I quieted my steps. Bree, I saw from the mirror at the wall, was on the couch with a sad expression. Chase was pacing back and forth, making hand gestures and looking at her from time to time with the same expression she had.

CHASE:

I shouldn't have left dinner, but I didn't want to stay. With Bree's leg gently grazing mine every once in a while. So I just left. I really should change my spot, but I don't want to. The music room is the one place that is sound-proof enough to the point where I can sing and not be judged. Unfortunately, since I invited Bree, I gave her an invitation to be here. I'm starting else regret that decision, but then again, really I'm not.

"Chase?" I heard a knock at the door. "I'm sorry."

What is she sorry about? "What do you mean?" I looked at the door and she looked like she was waiting for an okay to come on. I motioned for her to come in she opened the door slowly. "What are you sorry about?"

"I-I don't know," she said softly. "I just thought you deserved an apology." She looked like she was thinking. "I'm sorry for running out on you."

"Yeah, uh, why did you do that? Do you think I'm a bad singer? Or that the song in general was just a piece of crap?" I was becoming panicked. Did Adam lie to me?

"What?" She looked stunned. "No, no, no, no, your singing, your song, it was anything but crap!"

"Thanks." I shook my head and sighed.

"Is there something wrong, Chase?" Bree asked. I didn't respond-most likely giving the impression that I wasn't listening or completely distracted. "You seem a bit...distracted."

I started to walk to the lab. I knew she would follow, so I wasn't surprised to hear footsteps trailing behind.

Finally, I decided to stop in the middle of the lab.

Shaking my head again, I smiled slightly. "I just..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I had yet to look up from the cement floor since I had gotten there, but then I felt a soft, warm, gentle hand land on my chin. The hand forced me to look into Bree's chocolate brown eyes.

"Just what?" When had she gotten so close? She had to have made a sound, right?

BREE:

I was taking a chance, getting so close to Chase. I had taken an even bigger chance at touching his face. But he hadn't pulled away.

"Just what?" I asked. I could see confusion in his eyes. I smiled slightly, coming closer than before. I could feel his shaky breath against my lips.

"I-I, uh, well, um," he stuttered. "I guess I, uh, I just, um." He scratched the back of his neck. He looked absolutely adorable when he was blushing. "It's just, um-" I had to shut him up. He was rambling. And-though cute it was-I had to do this before I backed out. I kissed him.

It started slow. Just a little kiss. But then...

He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, if that were even possible. I had yet to move my right hand from under his chin and my left arm was limp by my side. I felt Chase's mouth open slightly, and found a tongue licking my bottom lip asking for entrance. Quickly responding, I opened my mouth to let him explore.

Groans and moans escapes our mouths. Deciding I wanted to explore his mouth just as much, if not more, than he did, I pushed my tongue into his mouth and removed my hand from his chin and moved both my arms around Chase's neck.

He's such a good kisser, I thought. I felt myself be lifted and carried from my place on the floor in the lab. I was pushed against the wall and felt Chase's lips move from mine. I inwardly groaned until I felt his mouth start to suck on my neck.

"Chase," I moaned.

What I should, and am, thinking about is Chase, but I can't shake the plaguing thought of Marcus. Why Marcus? I have no idea, but it doesn't matter. My thoughts of Chase are overruling my thoughts of Marcus.

"Chase."

-------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now, before you guys think that they did it they did not. The just had a very heated make out session.

Anyway, that's this chapter. I plan on updating as soon as possible.