Chapter 3

*Jessica's POV*

Waking up not many hours since I fell asleep I felt drained. Checking my phone I saw I had a message from Danny.

DannyBoy: Morning.

He had sent it a half hour ago. He said last night he was up early but I thought I'd be the only one up this early., especially during summer. Before hopping out of bed I messaged him back.

RedJ: Morning, you always up this early?

The reply was almost instant.

DannyBoy: I told you I had practise with the boys, why are you up early?

RedJ: Like to go for a jog before the streets get busy.

DannyBoy: Ok well enjoy that, better get practising, talk later.

As the conversation ended I forced myself up and out of bed to go for my run. Getting up I picked out a sports bra, knickers and some running shorts. Even though it was early morning it was really warm outside, it is Texas after all, so I decided not to wear a t-shirt over my sports bra. I'm not one of these girls that shows off her body to boys but I also don't try to hide it. I'm confident in myself.

After getting dressed I picked up my phone and headphones and headed downstairs to get a bottle of water. Leaving the house I put my headphones in and slipped my phone in my short pocket starting down my normal route.

...

Rounding round the last bit of my route I suddenly bump into something. Hands grab my waist to stop me from falling and I look up to see the face of my one and only ex, Cameron. Pulling out my headphones I speak up looking back down at my feet, "Thanks." "Hey Jbot." "No one calls me that anymore Cam." "Yeah cos I'm the only one who called you that." "Exactly and we don't talk anymore, so excuse me but I want to go home." "Sure," He moves from in front of me so I can move past, "See ya later Jbot."

The breck up between us wasn't too bad but he was my one and only boyfriend and sometimes I still got a stabbing pain in my heart. I didn't love Cameron, no way but I thought we'd last longer then we did and I could've grown to love him. We broke up because he waned to go to the next level in our relationship when I wasn't ready so he ended it.

Walking through my front door my phone started buzzing straight away. After using all my 3G at the beginning of the month nothing came through till I was connected to wifi. Deciding whoever it was could wait till I had a shower I didn't check.

Ten minutes later I'm sat on my bed in a fluffy towel reading through my 0phone. I had three WhatsApp messages from my best friends, Scarlet, Poppy and Jane.

Scarlet: Hey Jess, girls day today remember, mine at 12, don't be late.

Poppy: Hi girl, can you bring me that leather jacket that you said I could have today?

Jane: Saw you and Cam talking this morning, feeling ok?

I don't know if I felt gutted that Danny hadn't messaged me but I didn't want to message him before he had finished his practise just in case. Shaking my head I got rid of them thoughts and decided to message the girls back.

Jess to Scarlet: Good you reminded me, you know what my memory's like. See you in a few hours.

Jess to Poppy: Sure I can, as long as you bring the cash. We had a deal.

Jess to Jane: Yeah I'm good, tell you what happened later.