Chapter 10

*Dan's POV*

It had been a two weeks since me and Jess confessed our feelings for each other and ever since we had become closer and my feelings for her had grown so much more. We'd just entered the month of October which meant I was finally meeting her in just four days and to say I was excited was an understatement. But I was also nervous. I had something planned and I just hoped it all went well.

I'd just got home from basketball practise when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Cheerleader👯: Just got home from cheerleading practise, how was your day?

Dan: It was good thanks, how was yours?

Cheerleader👯: Good, gonna go for a shower. FaceTime in 10?

Dan: Sure.

Cheerleader👯: 😃😃

As I'd just got home myself I decided to get a quick shower before our nightly FaceTime  instead of after. I'd done that before and it was after 11 when I was finally getting in the shower and then I couldn't sleep because my body was too warm. So I was learning from my mistakes.

I turned on the shower and pressed shuffle on my music and Makes Me Wonder by Maroon Five came on. Me and Jess had made this our song just the week before. We were on FaceTime with music on in the background and it came on at the same time on both of our playlists. I'd liked Maroon Five for years and it was great that she liked them too, even if her main reason is because 'Adam Levine is hot.' Her words not mine.

I quickly jumped in the shower and lathered my body in shower wash before washing it off and squirting shampoo on my hair. I rubbed it in before washing it out and jumping out the shower just as quick as I'd jumped in. Wrapping a towel round my waist I walked into my room and pulled out some Calvin Klein boxers from my drawer. Taking my towel and wiping the last droplets of water off my body I drooped it onto my bed and slipped my boxers on. Then I gave my hair a quick rub and threw the towel into the wash bin that always seemed to be full.

Just as I was settling on to my bed a FaceTime call was coming through, exactly ten minutes after she'd said. I answered with a smile. "Well hello there beautiful, punctual as always." "Well of course, can't start getting a bad habit of being late. And you, such a charmer." "Well I have to point out a beautiful girl when I see one, especially when their the most beautiful I've ever seen." "Yeah whatever, do you have to distract me so much, do you not own a shirt?" "Oh I do but it's just too warm and anyway you can't speak. All your wearing is a sports bra and some shorts. You're a distraction to me too." We always did our homework on FaceTime now so we didn't have to cut time out just to do that.

"So Monday's the big game day then." She spoke up after a few minutes of silence. "Yeah it is, are you excited?" "Yeah very excited, but also nervous. What about you?" "I'm the same Red, don't worry everything will be fine." "But I'm not just nervous about meeting you, it's my first time performing in the squad in front of the team and other people in school." "You're gonna do amazing and smash it. Nothing to worry about." "If you say so." "I know so."

After some more silence whilst we concentrated on our homework with the odd comment or asking for help on certain things, we were both finally done and could just concentrate on each other.

"So how long are we gonna have together after the game?" She asked. "Well it take about 3 1/2 - 4 hours to get the Houston from here so we're setting off at 12 and should get there in time for half four start. I've convince coach to let me drive down behind the bus with Tyler, Sam and James in my car and then we can stay after and drive home a bit later." "Well how long is a match?" "48 minutes, shouldn't you know the lengths of games?" "Yeah but there so many sports we cheer for I get confused with them all." "Fair enough, so if the game is 48 minutes that means we finish at 5:18 and we have to be back in Houston for midnight so we'll set off back at 8:30. Does that sound ok?" "Yeah that's sounds great, we'll get a few hours together." "Yeah we will. Well my mum is calling me for dinner. I'll text you later, Bye Red." "Bye Dan."