Chapter 7

*Jessica's POV*

So my first week as a senior had past and me and Danny had talked the minimum. We talked at lunchtimes but after school was a struggle. He had basketball practise and we both had homework. We talked for ten minutes before we fell asleep at most. We hadn't facetimed again either but whenever we talked it was always on text message, no more kik for us. Also because today was Saturday I hoped we could talk a bit more. I had missed him.

Once getting back from my daily run and showering I say on my bed wondering what I was going to do with my day. Me and the girls were going to a party tonight to celebrate getting on the cheer squad. We found out yesterday and our first practise was on Monday after school. As I couldn't think of anything to do I decided to text Dan. I went to my messages and clicked on the one titled Player🏀.

It fitted both his status of a basketball player and his way with girls.

Jess to Player🏀: Hey.

Player🏀 to Jess: Hello there, long time since we last spoke.

Jess:We talked yesterday at lunch.

Player🏀: Yes but it is now the following morning, in my book that's a long time. Oh btw all the girls at my school are getting jealous of you.

Jess: What! Why?

Player🏀: Because your getting all my attention in my spare time and they're begging for it. I hope you feel special.

Jess: Oh so special, so what are your plans for today?

Player🏀: Nothing till a party tonight, you?

Jess: Same, we're not going to the same one are we? 😂😂

Player🏀: Unless your coming to Dallas, no.

Jess: No staying in Houston. I have something to tell you.

Player🏀: What is it?

Jess: Ring me on FaceTime, wanna see your reaction.

Less than two minutes later my phone started ringing with the FaceTime tune. I pressed accept and waited for it to connect. "Hey Red, how's it going?" "It's going good, what about you Player?" "Oh it's alright, so what's this news that you have for me?" "I got on the cheerleading squad."

As soon as he heard the words his face lit up and a giant grin appeared on his face. "Omg, that's amazing, I'm so happy for you." "Thanks, that's why I'm going out tonight, me and my friends are celebrating our achievement." "So you should, I better see you cheering out there when we come play." "You will but I'll be cheering your opposing team." "Yes, but in your heart you'll be cheering for me." He said cheekily with a grin. "You wish." "Oh how you hurt me Red."

"So who knows about me then?" "Well only my closest friends, no one else actually knows who I text all lunch but they're definitely jealous." "I guess I'll need a bodyguard once they all find out." "Why would you need a bodyguard?" He asks confused. "Cos all these crazy girls are gonna come after me." "They won't and even if they did, I'd protect you Red." "Oh my prince in shining armour." "That's me." And he dazzles me with another of his grins.

"Anyway I have to go but I'll text you later?" "Sure, bye Player." "Bye Red." Now that he's gone I had no plans once again. I decide to take a nap but my phone pings just as I rest my head on the pillow.

Poppy: Shopping trip, I'll be at yours in ten. Be ready!

Looks like I'm off shopping.

...