Chapter 30

*Jess' P.O.V*

The last week of  school flew by and it was finally Christmas. I was the first to wake up and when I looked at my phone it was only 8am. No matter how old I was I'd always get up early on Christmas morning. Deciding to give Drake and my Mom a bit longer in bed I decided to text Dan.

Jess: Happy Birthday baby and Merry Christmas. Love you so much.

I then went over to Instagram and looked through my pictures to find the one I was wanting to post. Finally I found it and selected it. It was one from Halloween of me and Dan stood together in our matching costumes before we left for the party. He was looking down at me with a smile and I was pouting at the camera. I didn't add a filter just the caption: Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to the Mickey to my Minnie.

Once it was posted I decided it was time to get up. I slipped my white robe over my sleeping shorts and vest top before venturing to the bathroom. Once I'd emptied my bladder I left my en suite and my bedroom, walking down the hall to first knock on my mothers door and then Drake's.

"Time to get up. It's Christmas!" I exclaim loudly so they both hear me before going downstairs.

I decide seen as it will take them both a good five minutes to come down I'd make us all a coffee. First though I unlock my phone, attach it to the speaker and start to play a Christmas playlist from Spotify. Micheal Buble's voice starts to float through the house and follows me to the kitchen.

I put the kettle on whilst I grab three mugs from the cupboard and the milk from the fridge. I make us all a coffee before carrying them through to the living room. I sit on the couch and wait for my family to join me. No more than two minutes later I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I'm joined by my Mom who sits next to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Merry Christmas Mom." I say, hugging her back.

"Merry Christmas darling, oh a coffee, how nice thank you." She says, picking up her mug and taking a sip.

"Is there a coffee for me?" Drake asks, entering the living room, obviously still half asleep.

"Yes there is, gosh hurry up I want my presents." I tell him with a laugh.

"Ok ok." He says, sitting in the arm chair next to the tree.

I get up and start to pull the presents out, putting them into three piles, one for Mom, one for Drake and one from me. Once I've sorted them all we all start to open the presents. I start with the smallest and work up to the biggest. I get lots of make up and some perfume along with some trainers and new pjs. Last but not least I open a weird shaped package and it turns out to be a grey handbag.

"Wow thank you Mom, this is great, I love it." I tell her, smiling.

"Your welcome." She says, still opening her gifts.

"And Drake thanks for the eyebrow palette, I've been wanting this for a while." I say, looking at him.

"Thank Jane, she pushed me in the right direction, it helps being with one of your friends. Thanks for my shirt as well Jess." He thanks me, pulling his phone out as it buzzes.

Once I see my Mom has finished I pull a small wrapped present out of my pocket and hand it to her.

"This is from me, Drake and Dan." I tell her when she takes it from me.

She gives us both a confused look before starting to unwrap it. Once she's pulled all the paper off she's faced with a small black box. She opens it and her mouth drops open. Inside are diamond stud earrings. She used to have some but she lost them and as soon as I saw these I knew she had to have them. I got Drake to pitch in because I couldn't afford them myself and the Dan offered to help as well.