Chapter 32

Edited-

*NIALL'S POV*

"Niall?" I heard someone say. I looked around and saw a figure being lit up by a bright light from behind a doorway in front of me, just enough so I couldn't see it's face. It was too dark, the unlit room I was in was fairly large from what I could see.

"Who are you?" I asked the strange shadow in the doorway. For all I know, this could be a fucking ghost. And the light behind it just adds more intensity to the figure.

"Doesn't matter..." It said again. "It" seemed to sound like a girl, her voice was extremely familiar but I couldn't think right for some strange reason. The "unknown female voice" faded away, and I felt as if she was still in my presence. Then it all came to me, the voice and how it sounded so...so...very familiar...and all I could think about was one person in particular

-

"Dakota!" I screamed, instantly shooting up from my sweaty position in my bed. It was all just a dream, but it seemed so...real. "Dakota," I whispered, beginning to cry. I fell back  onto the bed. But this wasn't my bed, ever since, you know what happened.
I haven't been sleeping the same, or even in my room. I got night terrors every night when I slept in there, so I'm actually in Dakota's bed at the moment. Other nights I was on the couch. This is the first time I was in her bed after that one night we had together, cuddling.

I wiped the tears from my face and took slow deep breaths. How could this happen to Dakota. It has been three weeks, and she still hasn't woken up. This all just seems like a very cruel  joke being played on me as I just wait to fall.
I hurriedly grabbed a pencil and ran to my jean pocket to retrieve the piece of paper in which held the song I've been writing, 'Moments'. I scanned the paper and tried to make the lyrics in my head rhyme with the current ones on the crumbled paper.

"As I feel myself fall, make a joke of it all," I whispered to myself as I wrote it down. Sniffing, I smoothed down the crumbles of lined paper from my stress of trying to find the right words. Getting up, I made my way to the bed and grabbed my guitar. I positioned my fingers on the correct cords and began to play the soft tune.

"Shut the door, turn the light off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this even though I try

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moments in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

Close the door

Throw the key