38.

sky

I walked into bri's hospital room, sitting beside her pale, lifeless body.

"Brianna, you better wake up. I love you, I can't lose you." I whispered.

"I'm going to try to lighten my mood, remember on your 16th birthday? when you got so drunk and the pool was tie-dyed red, so you kicked everyone out because you thought a girl went into the pool while she had her period and you started freaking out of what your parents would think?" I say, wiping a tear away, as I looked at her.

"I love you, brianna.
you've helped me so much, I can't lose you.
not yet." I whispered as I got up, making elli go in there, I sat with Hayes, and he looked at me.

"sky, I know you.. hurt yourself.
but promise me, you'll stop." he whispered, I hesitated but nodded.

"thank you." he whispered as he hugged me.

//

elli

I groaned as Jack left my message on seen, again.

to: Jack

12:51pm.
Jack? why have you been ignoring me?

seen at 12:53pm.

to: Jack

1:08pm.
We haven't talked since the night after the party, please reply.

seen at 1:14pm.

to: Jack

2:17pm.
Jack?

seen at 2:24pm.

to: Jack

2:47pm.
please reply.

seen at 3:26pm.

to: Jack

5:39pm.
never mind, you wouldn't reply anyway.

seen at 6:01.

I felt sad, when I realized he used me for one thing..

sex.

"fuck!" I yelled as I threw my phone, bringing my face to my hands, and I hear the door open.

"el? you alright?" sky's voice say.

"yea, just that.. Jack hasn't been messaging me back and I think he's being.. rude and a asshole."

"how exactly is he being an 'asshole'?" sky says, looking annoyed.

"he ignored me, after we had sex." I say, irritated.

"maybe that happened to you before but now you're exaggerating.
like always." sky says, harshly.

"this has never happened to me before! and I never exaggerate." I snap.

"oh, yeah, sure you don't." she rolled her eyes.

"why'd you even come here anyway? I'd prefer if it were em or lia." i say.

"oh please, so you can talk badly about my brother with them?"

"maybe." I say.

"maybe you should just keep your mouth shut!-"

"woah, why you both yelling?" lia said, cutting sky off.

"el is over exaggerating because Jack had sex with her and is now ignoring her."

"sky! can you keep a damn secret?!" I yelled.

"Jack? are you fucking serious? you knew I developed feelings for him and you go and have sex with him? wow." lia laughs bitterly.

"You liked Jack?" sky said, confused.

"yeah, but El can have him, they've already banged anyway, I don't want her seconds." lia glared at me.

"just leave if you're going to talk badly about me." I say, and they both leave, I sighed as I looked around, seeing no one, and got the plastic bag out, i lit the weed, inhaling it, then exhaling.

I did that multiple times, before everything was going slow, and I was calm.

I grabbed some random sun glasses, and walked out of the dorm, smiling for nothing.

////////

brianna

I sighed as I watched el leave, while crying.

then, someone came in.

"hey, if you can hear me then here's something I've always wanted to say, you're beautiful, brianna.
i love your smile, you're honestly.. perfect.
I know, I'm probably not a guy you'd date, but I just need to tell you this.
I've liked you since we first met, I like everything about you.
I really hope you wake up soon.." he smiled sadly before kissing my forehead and leaving.

I was speechless as I watched him leave, then seeing him come in here, making me feel like jelly, happy and sad.

i felt something weird, everything was white, and I opened my eyes, seeing him.

I felt.. hurt but my head was fine.

"brianna, baby, why'd you do it?" he whispered.

"do what?" I say, my voice raspy.

"drink and drive."

I stared at him, and he looked hurt.

"I always hate seeing you hurt, you mean so much to me." he whispered.

"if you hate seeing me hurt then why'd you watch me leave?" I whispered.

"I was shocked, I didn't know how to react by you telling me that you didn't want me-"

"because you cheated!"

"bri-"

"I know it wasn't just once, I know you did it with one of my friends too.."

"I'm sorry-"

"how could you do that?" I whispered.

"you knew I trusted her the most, you knew I told her everything.
yet, you go and break my heart.."

"fuck! Brianna, I'm so sorry, I was dumb, but I know now that I love you more then anything!"

"do you? or is this just another lie?" I say, quietly.

"I love you, I'm sorry what me and el did, but it's in the past, I love you, Brianna.
and just you."

"i love you too, shawn."