13 - the meeting (pt. 2)

Happy update day y'all!

Sorry the update's so late. I've just been dealing with school and stuff, plus the last chapter didn't really get any comments and I wasn't happy with that. I felt like a lot happened during that chapter and, although I appreciate votes like you guys don't even understand, I appreciate comments even more. Just comment more, guys, please?

What'd you guys think of Trevor's parents' actions during dinner in part one? Drop a comment and let me know.

Long chapter today because a lot happens and we FINALLY get to meet April's mom. Are you guys as excited as I am? I hope so! (Honestly, you might wanna get some snacks cause this chapter is gonna be one of my longest by far.)

Holding On To You - Twenty One Pilots in MM.

I hope you all enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

I walk into Mason's house past his mom and dad, who are arguing profusely, and straight up the stairs into his room. I burst through the door, throwing my hands in the air as I begin pacing back and forth.

"They really fucked up this time, man. You should have heard the things they were saying to April, and the questions they asked.. God, I can't even believe that those are the people I call my parents." I turn around to him to see why he isn't answering me and can't help but suddenly shut off when I see he and Brenda both crying like there's no tomorrow. The anger pulsating through me immediately stops as I take a seat in his desk chair. Brenda's knees are pulled up to her chest and she has her forehead lying on them. I can't see her, but I can hear her muffled cries just as well as I can hear Mason's. He's rubbing his girlfriend's back and tears are cascading from his eyes.

"Mason, baby, please. Please don't leave me," Brenda cries. What? He shakes his head and rubs his face, heaving a pain-filled sigh. I swear that every time I come over here there's drama.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I ask. He looks at me with his sad reddened eyes, shaking his head.

"She's moving," he whispers, blinking away tears.

"Brenda's moving?" I ask completely confused. He shakes his head and Brenda lifts hers, rubbing her face with the sleeve of her sweatshirt -well, Mason's.

"No, my mom. My mom's moving and... I-I have to go with her," he mumbles. My blood runs cold as I take in what he's just told me.

"W-what? Where-where are you moving to?" Brenda gives me a pitiful look and I can already feel the tears stinging the back of my eyes.

"Michigan," he replies flatly. I drop my head as the tears begin to make their way down my cheeks. I quickly wipe them away, sniff, then look back up at him.

"Why Michigan?" I ask, trying to keep the rage hidden in my tone.

"My grandparents live up there. We have to go up there until she can get on her feet. He told her that since he makes the money, he's keeping everything he bought. And, well, he bought this house," he explains. I stand up from the chair and punch his desk. Brenda jumps and Mason shakes his head for the third time. Why does his dad have to be such a dick? Why can't he let her keep the house since she's keeping Mason? Is everything a fuck to him? I can't control myself and I continue to punch the desk over and over until Mason finally gets up from the bed and stops me. He grabs both of my wrists and looks me in my eyes. "I hate it just as much as you do, but you can't break all my furniture," he laughs, trying to lighten the mood. I shake my head and snatch my hands from his, rubbing them down my face to clear the new tears.