Chapter Seven. ||

"Tell me where did we go wrong? I've been waiting so long to find someone like you." I sang to myself. I groaned laying back down on the bed. I couldn't continue without wondering what Dylan said and why he left. I turned over to face my window. I pushed myself out of the bed and walked over to the curtains to open them. The sunlight hit my face directly causing me to squint my eyes and step back. 

"Crap." I mumbled to myself. I heard footsteps coming toward my door and I quickly turned around. My door began to creak open and there stood a 16 year old with messy bed hair. 

"Oh hey." Dylan said confused. I laughed a bit noticing his confusion.

"I've been up all night..." I started walking over to my bed. "I was trying to write more songs."
I picked up my book and handed it to him smiling. 

"It's not great or anything, but I wanted to get out my feelings and I thought that's how I could." He nodded taking the book. His eyes wandered around my old songs and finally when it came to my new ones, he was interested in reading them. His eyes followed where his fingers went, pointing at each word. 

"This is actually amazing." Dylan looked up giving me a small smile.

"It's not. I just thought it was an outlet." I shrugged. He nodded slowly and sighed.

"It's about Josh, isn't it?" He said taking a seat down at the end of my bed while holding my book. 

"Yeah. It's stupid right?" 

Dylan's POV (Bet you didn't see that coming ;3)

   I wanted to tell her it was. I wanted to just grab her and tell her he was just using her, it was noticeable. But I couldn't, no matter what I didn't want to see her hurt. 

"No...not at all." I looked down at the words she wrote. 'You gave me an escape like no other.' That's how she saw him. She'd never see me that way. 

"It's just, it's different with him. You know? I shouldn't be bothering you with this. I'm sorry I get whiny and-" 

"It's fine Mia. If you really feel this way, go for it." I said turning to her. I gave a sympathetic smile and she returned one. God, she was so adorable.
"I'm going to get changed, I'll be right back, loser." She smiled and patted my head and got up towards her closet. 

Mia's POV

  I grabbed the items I wanted to wear and headed to my bathroom. It took me about 15 minutes to get ready being my hair was already done because of yesterday and my shower was quick. I changed quickly and headed out to find Dylan gone. I raised my eyebrow walking over to my open book.

              'I'm going to be with Tpose, Dylan and Joshua at the park. You can come if you want.'

 I sighed and closed the book and set it on top of my shelf making sure it was hidden. I grabbed my phone and headed out the door. 

  Once I got to the park, I saw 3 boys sitting at a bench talking. I walked over and put my phone down.

"Where's Joshua?" I asked the other boys. They all nodded towards the bathroom and I just sat down next to Tyler. 

"What's up little one?" Tyler asked smiling at me. 

"Well i'm with you weirdo's." I replied smirking. O'brien laughed and nodded.

"You still love us." He replied looking around. "Code red, Joshua's coming." I laughed at his statement and got up.

"I'll be right back." I walked over to Josh and smiled. He stood there nervously and looked down.

"Listen, I'm sorry for everything...I mean-" 

"It's okay." I smiled. He looked up and had a goofy smile plastered on his face. I stood on my toes and brushed my lips against his.

"You're such a tease." He said while pressing his lips against mine. I smiled happily into the kiss.

Dylan's POV

"You basically gave her the idea." Dylan told me. I looked at the two and rolled my eyes.

"I know, I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have." I replied annoyed.

"We all know you care about her more. I still don't get how she hasn't seen it yet."  Tyler said tilting his head back. 

"Obviously it's 'cause he's better looking, and sweet and has gorgeous eyes" I mocked Mia and looked at her.

"It's actually scary how you remember that." Tyler said laughing. 

"Yeah, well he's basically in love with her, why wouldn't he notice why she likes Josh." Dylan told Tyler. I glared at him and he put his hands up in defense. 

"I'm not in love, I just really like her. I mean who wouldn't. She's adorable and funny. She has this cute little smile and the way she bites her lip when she's nervous or plays with her hair when she's excited. Or even the way she gets happy when she plays guitar. She's different. But she believes' he's different." I stated.

"Dylan..." Tyler began. Just then I turned around to see Mia and Joshua come over. Dylan and Tyler both gave me a small smile and continued to pretend to be happy with Joshua. I doze of the conversation and admired Mia. She didn't notice, but I wish she looked at me at least once. She was just more focused on her boyfriend...that's what I had to get used to. I had to realize she was dating someone.

And that someone isn't me.