Chapter Two: Lifetime

Natsu's POV:

After talking with Lucy I felt almost ecstatic. Seeing my fiancé made me feel a lot better. There was no doubt about that. Even if I barely see her, I knew for a long time what my feelings were for her however, I couldn't let them get in the way of my own orders anymore. A few moths ago I should've taken things more maturely. Even I can tell now how much I abandoned my fathers own rules -

"Never act upon your own feelings, just like mistakes, it takes a lifetime to truly forget about
them."

"I guess I understand what you mean by that now, old man." I whispered, leaning onto my palms.

"Natsu."

It only took a few moments to realize it was my fathers voice echoing through the silent room.

"Father." I replied almost to formally.

"I apologize in advance for interrupting your time with your fiancé and this lands Princess," he said heaving a sigh before continuing, "I'm glad your not as miserable as always though. You need to at least get out more." I almost laughed at his tone.

"Yeah, I know. Just not in the mood for it."

"You seem to never be."

I scoffed, "Thanks, the encouragement is well needed."

"Don't use that tone with me young man."

"Yes father." I grumbled then sighed.

I was a little grumpy that he separated us after all, I hadn't talked to her in awhile. You hardly ever find her around.

What could he possibly need of all the times? Why not just come and get me when I needed work to do!

"Your probably wondering why you're here."

'Yeah, no kidding.'

"We've been having a problem with other Supernaturals." He hesitated from anger.

I turned to my fathers indifferent form, he paced back in forth - not from panic; but anticipation.

"Other Supernaturals?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Witches.. A handful of them have betrayed there rightful Coven."

I soon felt shocked, I knew that some Witches were cynical and just plain out stubborn.. But I didn't think they'd do something so reckless.

I gave my father a look to continue, "Their Coven leaders have reported to us about the incidents - including other Supernaturals such as the Werewolves and Fairies."

"I see, what did they say?"

"I'm having Jellal bring the reports now. He should be here in awhile with them."

"Of course, do you assume it's something worse then you'd expect?"

"I assume it has to do with the humans that slay their supernatural enemies."

"Revenge?"

"No." He answers, I looked back with a confused expression, "War."

Both of our heads snapped to the door as it bursted open, "H-Help!"